13-12 Danish bent brandy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
Here is my latest attempt at pipemaking. This was a commission and the customer wanted it green. I think it turned out pretty well. What do you fellows think?

100_1003_zpse00a5668.jpg

100_1006_zps2395589c.jpg

100_1002_zps2548097f.jpg

100_1004_zpsd2d87bdf.jpg

100_1007_zps69b8eae3.jpg

Never thought I'd see a green pipe and a cumberland stem, but you know... I like it. I like it quite a bit. The funny thing is, I'm not in to green pipes nor cumberland stems separately. :scratch:

Damn fine job my friend.

Great looking pipe, the shape of the bowl is nice and flows right into the stem nicely.Everything about it looks good , Im not a fan of green pipes but to each his own.

Oh man, I like the look of the green with the cumberland stem! Very neat combo and my favorite color happens to be green. Great job!

Love it...Love it...Love it!

The color and grain are awesome. Almost looks like a bowling ball. Nicely done!

The green really works well with the grain on that pipe. Nice job.

Is that Fiebings green?

Nice work. Me, I'd want a silver band between the stem and shank to set it off like.

I've been sorely tempted by green Petes but have read that they turn blue (or was it yellow) over time.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for your comments guys!

Green wouldn't have been my first choice for colour especially with a cumberland stem, but the customer specifically requested those details. Overall I think the composition works. Looks like a Christmas pipe to me.

@ Brewdude- I almost added a silver band, but at the last minute I changed my mind. Bands sometimes to weird things to the apparent proportions of a pipe.

@ Scottie- Fiebings green it is!

The thing about green pipes, if you get the stain too dark, you can't see any grain at all hardly. Too light, and it will look like that pukey sea foam green in a box of crayolas.

I think you got it just right ocelot, dark, but still light enough to see the grain.