14th Annual TAPS Show in Raleigh

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallSmoke

Reaction score
TAPS Pipe & Tobacciana Expo

I haven't seen this posted, but it is happening. At the NC Fairgrounds in Raleigh tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM.

Anyone going? I'll be there around noonish. It was a pretty good spread last year.

Have a good time and say hello to all for me. It seems the TU club I belong to is having their banquet tomorrow night in Athens. With the price of gas now, driving 50 miles is much more convenient.

Jim

I'll miss seeing you this year Jim. Hopefully Mark will be there.

I went it was my first pipe show/expo. :cheers: Was very cool got see lots of nice pipes have some good conversation and learn some new things, got some samples of tobacco.

I am going to try to find some other shows close enough I can drive too. was such a benefit to be able to see and smell samples of tobacco.

Mostly being an aromatic smoker not knowing what to try. I was able to acquire some English and more traditional samples.

Have only had time to try one so far but I like it. Great show made it possible to expand my tobacco horizons.

Anyone else go?

Another superb showing by the TAPS guys (to which, I must add, I belong, but only get there occasionally when I'm in North Carolina!). Met up with one each Brother Tallsmoke (hard to miss!!!) and Brother Aurianna (did I spell that right??). Truly regret not seeing Brother Ol' Dawg (Jim); but totally understand the driving/gasoline situation. Also missed not seeing Brother Just Pipes (Mark). First-rate show....Lots of great pipes and tobaccos. Couldn't help myself; had to increase the size of the 'baccy stash!! I can resist anything but temptation!!!! FTRPLT

Good to see ftrplt and adauria there. It was a great show with lots of goodies. Grabbed a couple of tins from C&D but the one pipe calling my name and beckoning me was a good $75 - $95 out of reach. My wife gets veto power after a certain point. ha ha Maybe next year.