150th Anniversary Cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
To console myself, now I can no longer order great swathes of tobacco. I purchased two of the MM 150th anniversary cobs from them as I’ve always wanted a bulldog cob. I’ll let you know how I get on once they arrive in the (hopefully) near future.

Cheers all

Tim

Thanks for the link Blackhorse, I should’ve been a good netizen and included it in my original post and yes the Emerald looks stunning too.

As for smuggling, hopefully we won’t need to go there for a while, the cellar is looking well stocked currently. :)

If the Franklin smokes half as well as the Charlestown Cobbler, I’ll be a happy man.

Cheers all

Tim

I've had my Franklin for a couple of days now, and it smokes fine!

As far as the Emerald, the stem can be aquired from Vermont freehand. Otherwise it's a country gentleman.

Blackhorse":j2vrmy0s said:
Well...lovely though the dog is...I’m liking the Emerald!

I think it’s unobtanium now though.  Too bad.
It was available yesterday when I ordered a Franklin.... <checks web site> and currently lists as available (as does the Franklin). I did not check to see if both stem-types were available.

Yup. Back in stock! Unfortunately, following two hobby purchases yesterday my fun fund is dry. I wait til the first of the month. If they’re restocking a St Patrick’s Pipe now it’ll be there at some point for me later as well.

Got to say, the Franklin smokes every bit as good as the Cobbler. The finish isn’t quite as refined with a few rough edges to the stems that needed sanding down but other than that, I’m extremely happy with my purchases.

May look into modding the second Franklin into a half bent pipe if I begin to feel inspired.

Cheers

Tim

Timbo":ww9ql4cy said:
Got to say, the Franklin smokes every bit as good as the Cobbler. The finish isn’t quite as refined with a few rough edges to the stems that needed sanding down but other than that, I’m extremely happy with my purchases.

May look into modding the second Franklin into a half bent pipe if I begin to feel inspired.

Cheers

Tim
Very nice!