1891/30 Mosin-Nagant

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else on here have one? I've never personally owned one, until now, but I've been around them and I know you can do a LOT with them, when put in capable hands. Has anyone done any crazy customizations or anything like that?

I have always liked these guns, and I'm probably just gonna refinish the factory stock, but I didn't know if anyone had used an Archangel setup or anything like that. Thought I may pick one up, just to have another stock and some customization options also.

I'd clean it up and keep it stock as possible. Not a good self defense gun but a good deer getter and fun gun.

Over the years I've had quite a few of them actually. Including one made by Remington and sold to the White Russians during or just after the revolution. Regret selling that one most of all. It had been captured at some point during the Winter War by the Finns and reworked. It would put 5 rounds into a hole the size of a quarter at a hundred yards with iron sights. They are in my opinion one of the best values to be had out there right now. If you want to put a different stock on it keep the original in a safe place as they are nearly worthless with aftermarket stocks. Not that they bring much with the original either but. Also don't do any modifications to the metal. Just not enough value to be worth the effort.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim