1965 Dunhill catalogue

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlock999

Reaction score
A few photos from an old Dunhill catalogue, and the pre-addressed envelope and ordering form that came with it. That's right, I also suffer from CAD (catalog acquisition disorder)!!

RealtorFrank":9oq5u4sr said:
Do you think they will honor their prices?
I think they have to, since it's in writing...legalities and all that rubbish. Pip, pip, and cheerio :cheers: :cheers:

P.S. When I was a kid (back in the 70's) I tried to order some stuff from a Mad Magazine order form... from 1960... :cry:

Well in that case put me down for a few pipes, and a bunch of tins! Did you ever get your Mad mag order?

RealtorFrank":atx72ja0 said:
Well in that case put me down for a few pipes, and a bunch of tins! Did you ever get your Mad mag order?
Will do! How many Root Briars do you want? This catalog actually lists the hi-grade DR's, so the sky's the limit. And no, my Alfred E. Newman bust never came, and it still hurts a little...I really wanted it!

Wow, super cool catalog, Harlock. The "Shell Sliced Rolls" look especially tasty! Wonder what a tin of that would go for today?

Harlock999":b9162pe9 said:
A few photos from an old Dunhill catalogue, and the pre-addressed envelope and ordering form that came with it. That's right, I also suffer from CAD (catalog acquisition disorder)!!
The guy who owned (so to speak) this board for a while, Dock Perry, used to collect tobacco ephemera by the truck load. Remade part of his house into a virtual museum to store & display it, too, he didn't just fill his basement. The point? No worries, your affliction isn't fatal. :lol:

LL":ue09jf6g said:
Harlock999":ue09jf6g said:
The guy who owned (so to speak) this board for a while, Dock Perry, used to collect tobacco ephemera by the truck load. Remade part of his house into a virtual museum to store & display it, too, he didn't just fill his basement. The point? No worries, your affliction isn't fatal. :lol:
I think I may have seen some of his "man cave/museum" photos...I was very impressed!

Great catalog and super reference item. I love the old catalogs and history behind all the old vintage pipes. Thanks for sharing with us
Doc

Thanks guys!
Wow, $399.00? On the original order form it was something like $1.99, which is why I could have afforded it on my 1977 allowance money. :cry:
This is one of the reasons I love old catalogs; Sears, Wards etc...I love looking at the stuff of childhood. Growing up, everything I had was from those stores.

Trout Bum, hey I grew up in Anchorage and as a kid my father took us to the Kenai River where we camped at the mouth of the Moose and the Kenai. I really miss Alaska, but I'm hunting and fishing Washington State as much as I can. It's good to see an Alaska member and fellow pipe smoker blog in here. Take care.

Bigsmoke":dxefy4l1 said:
If you want to get some great Pipe Smokers books This Author is very good, he's at every Chicago Pipe Show and sells out. http://www.briarbooks.com/
Too bad the seller does not accept Paypal for International Orders. Confessions of a Pipeman looks quite interesting and so the other catalogs. I recently order using google book search The Pipe Book of Alfred Dunhill. I love antique books about pipes.

Mar 2024
I have a tin of "SHELL" Sliced Roll Rich Virginia, Alfred Dunhill Ltd 30 Duke St London SW1; Net Wt 2 oz. "Stamp" band on it CANADA TOBACCO OF 1942, 1/8 POUND. Old price tag on the bottom $15.00
Original totally sealed tin. Will sell for 250 Can$. Photos on request. Axel, Toronto, Canada.
email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Wow, super cool catalog, Harlock. The "Shell Sliced Rolls" look especially tasty! Wonder what a tin of that would go for today?
Mar 2024
I have a tin of "SHELL" Sliced Roll Rich Virginia, Alfred Dunhill Ltd 30 Duke St London SW1; Net Wt 2 oz. "Stamp" band on it CANADA TOBACCO OF 1942, 1/8 POUND. Old price tag on the bottom $15.00
Original totally sealed tin. Will sell for 250 Can$. Photos on request. Axel, Toronto, Canada.
email: [email protected]
About $250 in maple money, I reckon.