1st Nigerians.. Now Peruvians. The world thinks I'm naive.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim in Ohio

Reaction score
To: undisclosed-recipients

MR.Frank Williams
BRANCH MANAGER
Banco del pichincha Quito Ecuador.

Hello Dear,

My name is Frank Williams, I am the branch manager of the
Banco del pichincha Quito Ecuador. I got your information during my search
through the Internet. I am 46years of age and married with 3 lovely kids.
It may interest you to hear that I am a Man of peace and I don't want
problem, but I do not know how you will feel about this because you may
have double mind. But I am telling you that this is real and you are not
going to regret after doing this transaction with me. I only hope that we
can assist each other. But if you don't want this business offer kindly
forget it and I will not contact you again.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit
both of us, as the regional manager of Banco pinchincha Quito Ecuador; it
is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital
city (Quito Ecuador) at the end of each year. On the course of the last
year 2009 end of last year report, I discovered that my branch in which I
am the manager made three million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollar
[3, 750.000.00] which my head office is not aware of it and will never be
aware of. I have since place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT
without any beneficiary.

As an official of the bank I can not be directly connected to
this fund, so this informed me of contacting you for us to work, so that
you can assist and receive this fund into your bank account for us to
SHARE. Mean While you will have 35% of the total fund, Note there are
practically no risk involved, it will be bank to bank transfer, all I need
from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made
the deposit with our branch so that my Head office can order the transfer
to your designated bank account.

If you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate
it very much as soon as I receive your response I will give you details on
how we can achieve it successfully. Please contact me with this email
address: [email protected]

Best Regards
Mr. Frank Williams

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:29 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Proposed financial transaction

Frank,

First of all, don’t take this the wrong way, but please don’t call me “Dear,” it makes me uncomfortable.
Secondly, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your promotion from Branch Manager to Regional Manager. I assume I am the first because it appears that your promotion took place sometime between typing the first and second paragraph of your email.
Before we move forward with this transaction, you may want to consider how this sudden promotion may affect the plan.

You mentioned as Branch Manager it was your duty to send a financial report to the head office. Naturally, upon discovering a $3.75 million profit, as Branch Manager your first thought was “Let me contact a complete stranger in America and see if he would be interested in helping me embezzle these funds.” With a sharp business mind like yours, it is understandable how quickly you seem to be rising through the ranks of your company.

I did some calculations based on the current exchange rate and determined that $3.75 million Ecudorian dollars is approximately $9 US dollars. At 35% I would be walking away with a cool three dollars and 15 cents US. Considering the risk involved, in order to agree to participate I will need to haul in at least enough to purchase a 6 inch sub at Subway. If you will consider increasing my share to 45% perhaps we can discuss the matter further.

Also, it was very insightful of you to predict the possibility of me having “double mind.” This is something I thought only my Psychiatrist was aware of. You sir, are clearly the shrewd type of fellow that I would like to join in matters of international finance.

Best Regards,
Tim Poteet

I fell down laughing. Hilarious. For some reason, both the Nigerians and others on the internet love to use the "Spanish Prisoner" scam (q.v. David Mamet film of the same name).

That guy had me at "Hello Dear." Rotfl.

brilliant response Tim. These people must think that the average plant earth dweller had a lower IQ than them. The Nigerian one we see alot here in RSA :lol!:

An Internet Classic is born on the humble pages of BoB.

You should send that to FARK or somewhere. :lol:

Funny, I remember when banks just gave you a toaster.

But I don't know about this....

Tim in Ohio":pid6b76q said:
I did some calculations based on the current exchange rate and determined that $3.75 million Ecudorian dollars is approximately $9 US dollars. At 35% I would be walking away with a cool three dollars and 15 cents US. Considering the risk involved, in order to agree to participate I will need to haul in at least enough to purchase a 6 inch sub at Subway.

Isn't the currency in Ecuador actually the US Dollar?

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Don't know that you should have been that hasty, however, because by now ol' Franco has at least made it to CFO, if not Chairman of the Board, and might just start thinking more responsibly about the Funds.( Y'know since if it's HIS Bank then it's HIS cash.)

ANYway, thanks for leaving those links open so some one else can take advantage of this truly once in a lifetime :suspect: offer...

I once strung a guy along for about 15 emails back and forth before he gave up. I kept asking him if he received my (fake) account number, and would engage him in small talk. Pretty funny these people.

I usually just give them the address and phone number to the regional FBI / DEA / ATF / IRS-CID offices. I google their web info and usually find the name of the "Special Agent in Charge". Works for me, i never seem to get contacted by the scammer ever again...........

SocWorkerSmoker":2akziemv said:
I just laughed so hard I think I may have pissed myself. Bravo!

:cheers:
SWS

Who is going to change YOUR diaper :affraid: