2 DFW pipe club meetings this week. 5/19 and 5/21

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stapf

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm going to make both of these, but I'm going to try. The first is The Briar Club tonight 5/19 at Cigar Frogs in Denton at 7pm. The second is DFW Pipe Smokers on 5/21 at 7pm at Taboo Cigar bar and lounge in North Richland Hills.

Thought I'd give the heads up. I've been trying to get something going at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill. Get in touch if interested.

Damn, how many pipe clubs do you guys have? Are they all close by? There's two in the state that I live that I know of. But I really wish there was one closer to my house.

One meets in Northern Dallas area which is about an hour and half from my house, but 45 minutes from my work. The othe meets various places in Fort Worth and where they are meeting is about an hour from my house. The off and on Cedar Hill group is 20 minutes south of Downtown Dallas if no traffic. An hour with traffic.

Thanks for the info. Traveling here is like traveling to that last one you mentioned. Boo.

I used to live in Takoma Park MD and Laurel MD so I know a bit about DC traffic. At 6am it wasn't uncommon to have a 20 minute trip turn into 2 hours and I left in2003. I'm sure it is worse now.

The 45 minute trip from Dallas to Denton took an hour and a half yesterday so we are getting there with traffic. Had a blast though.

Well, I actually made it to both of these. I was the only cross over between the groups. And for this one I wasn't even the one who drove the furthest. Maybe I'm finally starting to conquor the social anxiety I devloped after my mom died and my marrage fell apart in the same month 3 years ago.

stapf":wz7u027e said:
Well, I actually made it to both of these.  I was the only cross over between the groups.  And for this one I wasn't even the one who drove the furthest.  Maybe I'm finally starting to conquor the social anxiety I devloped after my mom died and my marrage fell apart in the same month 3 years ago.
That's rough. Sorry to hear that brother. Hope things pick up for you! :)

eklektos44":hfmyllcq said:
stapf":hfmyllcq said:
Well, I actually made it to both of these.  I was the only cross over between the groups.  And for this one I wasn't even the one who drove the furthest.  Maybe I'm finally starting to conquor the social anxiety I devloped after my mom died and my marrage fell apart in the same month 3 years ago.
That's rough. Sorry to hear that brother. Hope things pick up for you! :)
I'm sorry too, Brother. A few years ago when my previous marriage fell apart I spent a whole lot of time in some local cigar stores and frankly it was good for me. Expensive but good. I smoked a lot more cigars back then

I had been getting out to my local shop off and on for the past year, but I still have had a difficult time going to new places.  Having burst out and gone to 2 pipe events in one week and having a great time will hopefully help me put it all in the past finally. Having a 530 am start time at work doesn't help when these things are during the week, but I've had enough of being a hermit.