2 New Pipes...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JM

Reaction score
to replace the two I broke.

oldbanjo.wordpress. com/

I'm learning...remember, you can crack your knuckles but can't knuckle your crack.

:shock:

It's broken, like my pipes... :lol: I can't post links until I've been here for 7 days so I added a space to it.

:afro:

Nice pipes. Not sure why, but that bent apple-ish one looks like it will be a workhorse pipe to me.

If mods ok it I can post the pics for ya, but I won't do it unless one of 'em okays it.

I picked them up for $40! The applish, I like that name, is nice and thick with a medium bowl. I think it was made by Duke.

I was sitting in the van while my wife was shopping a few months back when I spotted a pipe smoking walking by so I leaned out the window and struck up a convo with him. Supper nice fella. We exchanged emails and finally got together tonight to have a look at his pipes. He had a box FULL of pipes and even pipe stands he wanted to part with but I didn't have the flow this meeting, next time though...I'll grab the Savinelli.

Did I pay a fair price for them?

Who were they made by, again?

Good, solid briar, even if unmarked, and especially if they're clean estates, $20 a piece is just fine. :)

The applish was made by Duke and reads French briar 837. The sitter a Mastersen Freehand brair Israel.

Any good?

Ah, got this now. Very nice! My first pipe was a no-name estate similar to your bent.

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

JM":8m6vpn1z said:
I was sitting in the van while my wife was shopping a few months back when I spotted a pipe smoking walking by so I leaned out the window and struck up a convo with him. Supper nice fella. We exchanged emails and finally got together tonight to have a look at his pipes. He had a box FULL of pipes and even pipe stands he wanted to part with but I didn't have the flow this meeting, next time though...I'll grab the Savinelli.

Did I pay a fair price for them?
If you did overpay, it wasn't by much, so I'd say if they last you and you like them then it doesn't matter!

Still love that sitter. If you find you don't, *I* will pay you $20 for it. 8) :lol: :lol: