200,000 Miles on a 2008 Altima

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
My trusty 08 Nissan Altima hit 200k yesteday. Still going strong and doesn't look too bad, if you look from across the street and squint....

riff raff":i1ng3ncd said:
djf1":i1ng3ncd said:
Rookies :lol!: My E320 is turning 300 :)
Wow, but what year? My Altima is an 2008.
You do rack on those miles ha? Mine is a 97.... the last 140 were done since I bought it in 2006...

riff raff":deap1x6q said:
djf1":deap1x6q said:
riff raff":deap1x6q said:
Diesel or gasoline?
its gas. The classic straight six.
Well than, good care on your part!
Thanks.,.. I'ma fanatic in preventative maintenance... but I can tell you this.. When I travelled in Europe in the early 2000's I saw that the majority of the taxi's were E320's, the same W210 body style as mine. When I asked one of the taxi drivers if he was pleased with the car, he said to me very much so... he said the built quality is fantastic and he had few issues. His taxi had.... ready for this? 1.2 Million KM's!!! The engine was NOT opened yet and he changed the tranny at 600000K.... Besides seals and other normal consumables nothing else!!! Crazy ha? So on that account when I went home and was looking for a DD I found my E320 and bought it on the spot... true to form it has been an amazing car... 300K and it drill drives like its made out of one solid piece. Very quiet, not a signle squick or rattle... Germans used to overbuilt in the 80's and 90's so these cars are really solid...

Great research and fantastic choice. I didn't have Benz money, but called a taxi company in CO that used Altima's for taxi cabs as well. It if can hold up to that abuse, it can handle my needs. I'm also fanatical about my maintenance. My '03 Accord went 239, and previous Nissan NX200 went 329k before my 16 year old totaled it. The insurance company offered me $1,500 on that car, but after showing them my maintenance spreadsheet and receipts since new, they upped it to $3,500.

djf1":bsmgz98e said:
riff raff":bsmgz98e said:
djf1":bsmgz98e said:
riff raff":bsmgz98e said:
Diesel or gasoline?
its gas. The classic straight six.
Well than, good care on your part!
Thanks.,.. I'ma fanatic in preventative maintenance... but I can tell you this.. When I travelled in Europe in the early 2000's I saw that the majority of the taxi's were E320's, the same W210 body style as mine. When I asked one of the taxi drivers if he was pleased with the car, he said to me very much so... he said the built quality is fantastic and he had few issues. His taxi had.... ready for this? 1.2 Million KM's!!! The engine was NOT opened yet and he changed the tranny at 600000K.... Besides seals and other normal consumables nothing else!!! Crazy ha? So on that account when I went home and was looking for a DD I found my E320 and bought it on the spot... true to form it has been an amazing car... 300K and it drill drives like its made out of one solid piece. Very quiet, not a signle squick or rattle... Germans used to overbuilt in the 80's and 90's so these cars are really solid...