2008 Christmas Care Package for the Troops

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Package going out first thing in the morning. Sorry, I couldn't make it to the post office today.

More packages arrived today and it was perfect timing. I was running out of pipes to make up the packets I've been making for the troops which consists of:

• One Pipe
  • Four Pouches or Four Ziploc's of Bulk of Pipe Tobacco
  • One Tin of Pipe Tobacco
  • Fifteen Pipe Cleaners
  • One Box of Matches
  • One Christmas Card from Brothers of Briar

I am putting in four packets to a box along with a box of cigars and a deck of playing cards along with coffee or tea. I will probably add one 100g tin to each box also for each group to smoke up. I figured to split the boxes up before sending just in case stuff gets lost in the mail. So far I have enough for 5+ boxes. The first two boxes will be on their way to Afghanistan tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of you gentleman who have helped this year. You guys have put in a lot of neat stuff from your cellars along with some great looking pipes. I greatly appreciate it. I'm sure our troops will also.

The first two boxes went out today to Afghanistan. Each box contained four pipe packs with blends, cigars and a deck of cards. I'm putting together more pipe packs and boxes. I have also ordered three boxes of cigars from money donated by this group and $90 donated by my fellow inspectors in Phoenix at USAirways. I have purchased ten cob pipes from Frenchies. All of that stuff should arrive next week.

In each pipe pack I have put in a Christmas postcard that says on the front:

To Our Troops Overseas
Have a Very Merry Christmas
From Brothers of Briar Pipe Club

The back of the card says:

We would like to take this opportunity and thank all of you serving and defending our great country and especially our freedoms. We know it is not much for all of the sacrifices you are suffering from being away from home and family serving in our military but we hope that you will be able to enjoy these cigars, pipes and blends during your down time. May God bless you all and thanks again for everything you are doing. Regards

From your fellow Pipe and Cigar Smokers at Brothers of Briar Pipe Smoking Club
www.brothersofbriar.com

I have contacted Linda Pegg who was in Iraq last year for our care packages. She is now back home in Alabama and working in the Moral Office for the 20th Special Forces Group. She is getting me some addresses (APO) for sending stuff out to those units that are serving overseas. She thanked me once again for what this group of gentleman are doing for our troops serving overseas.

Package going out this afternoon......hopefully there by Th.
Thanks again for doing this for our troops.

UPDATE:
Package did not make it out yet.
Will be in the mail Th afternoon....hopefully there by Sat.
Coming atcha USPS Priority Mail

I would like to tell everyone what a great guy (which I'm sure most people here know) Frenchy is at http://www.frenchyspipes.com/index.php . I ordered some cobs to put in the Pipe Gift packs. He refunded $15 off our order and threw in some pipe lighters when he found out what we are doing for the troops. I'm not sure if my fellow BoB's know but Frenchy has been sending stuff for our troops for awhile.

Thanks Frenchy

Here is a picture of whats in the pipe gift packs I have been making up with everyones donations.
000_0013.jpg

000_0014.jpg

Mike,

I think all of us can honestly say that we can't thank you enough for what you are doing with this project. Thanks so much for your hard work in honoring our troops!

Gentleman, I received a message of thanks today along with a picture from a medic in Afghaninstan who received some of our first two boxes. I am getting ready to ship out two more. I have enough stuff to make up another two boxes this week. So far I've been able to make up ten boxes of goodies with all of the donations that I have received. I thank all of you once again for your help in this project.
kids_a10.jpg

Great Photo. Good to see our boys enjoying some of the weed.
Thanks Mike for heading this up and keeping us informed.

Mike,
Thanks for sharing the photo with all of us. Great job. Glad to see the guys have a moment of peace.
Andy :D :D

Mike, thanks again for gtting and keeping this whole thing together, and for posting photo. Those guys as we know are what it's all about.

Bd

Never Forget!

Three more packages went out today to an artillery outfit that Bulldog Bruce was so kind to provide the address too. Way to go Bruce.

That makes a total of seven boxes going out so far to our troops. Still have at least five more to go. As it stands right now we have collected 180 cigars, enough pipes/blends for 31 gift packs, 20 tins of chewing tobacco and 20 packs (5 corolla's per pack) of cigars along with decks of cards and other small items.