2009 TAPS Show Report and Photos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent report Mark! :cheers: Thanks for taking the time to write it up! I wish I could have joined you folks there! It appears to have been very well attended and lots of fun!

Aaron! You should have identified yourself! We spoke at the show when I was browsing your table. Also you had an outstanding entry in the carving contest. Thanks for posting! I look forward to seeing more of you!
Yeah, being a noob on this group I didn't want to go around advertising myself as a member who no-one has ever heard of. I am horrible with names so forgive me if I don't recall which browser you were, but I rarely forget a face.

Thanks for the kind words on the pipe. I really hope to find more time for making pipes, and that show was a real impetus to do just that. I sold 3 of my pieces there, which makes for 60% of all I've sold! (one there last year and one the year before, although i have gifted a few to close friends) I just put an order in for some more blocks so I will have plenty to keep me busy for a while, but like I said, it's about finding the time to get out to the shop. I sent my registration form in this week for Richmond so I'd better at least have a few more to show by then...

Aaron

aaronbtxnc":lhrwqx7s said:
Aaron! You should have identified yourself! We spoke at the show when I was browsing your table. Also you had an outstanding entry in the carving contest. Thanks for posting! I look forward to seeing more of you!
Yeah, being a noob on this group I didn't want to go around advertising myself as a member who no-one has ever heard of. I am horrible with names so forgive me if I don't recall which browser you were, but I rarely forget a face.

Thanks for the kind words on the pipe. I really hope to find more time for making pipes, and that show was a real impetus to do just that. I sold 3 of my pieces there, which makes for 60% of all I've sold! (one there last year and one the year before, although i have gifted a few to close friends) I just put an order in for some more blocks so I will have plenty to keep me busy for a while, but like I said, it's about finding the time to get out to the shop. I sent my registration form in this week for Richmond so I'd better at least have a few more to show by then...

Aaron
I will be looking forward to seeing you in Richmond!

Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a fun show. After seeing the pictures, it really makes me miss doing shows. :(

Randy

aaronbtxnc":57ziaxoc said:

Aaron
Were you the youngish guy sitting to the right of the door as you walk in? If so, we chatted about your pipes (I look like the guy in the avatar photo here, but with a little facial hair these days). I really liked them a lot and would have probably bought one if that darn Brissett poker didn't compel me to buy it (blame Mark :) ). There were several really beautiful pipes that you had there. Looking forward to seeing what you carve up by next year's show!

-Andrew

adauria":9ad7xwgi said:
I really liked them a lot and would have probably bought one if that darn Brissett poker didn't compel me to buy it (blame Mark :) ).
-Andrew
That's right, blame everything on Mark! :D :lol: