2012 TAPS Raleigh pipe show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christeaux

Reaction score
With this coming up in just over a month I was wondering who is going. It is on the fourteenth of April and I am definitely dragging my family there. Also does anyone know if you have to register ahead of time to attend or if there are any attendance fees.

Registration (and $80 fee) only applies to those wishing to have a sale or display table.

For those just attending for the day there is no pre-registration. Just show up and have a good time. It's not a huge show but in the past there was a good variety of pipes and tobaccos for sale and sometimes trade. They did have an entrance fee of a few dollars, but I'm not sure about this year.

The show flyer is here: TAPS flyer

Members of the TAPS club are really great guys as expected.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":j7yvch6a said:
Registration (and $80 fee) only applies to those wishing to have a sale or display table.

For those just attending for the day there is no pre-registration. Just show up and have a good time. It's not a huge show but in the past there was a good variety of pipes and tobaccos for sale and sometimes trade. They did have an entrance fee of a few dollars, but I'm not sure about this year.

The show flyer is here: TAPS flyer

Members of the TAPS club are really great guys as expected.

Jim
Thank you, when registration form said collector I wasn't sure, I've never been to a pipe show before, and I can't wait to go.

I'm gonna be there...This will be my first attendance at a pipe show. Looking forward to it.

Yep less than 2 days away, "T.A.P.S." Triangle Area Pipe Smokers was the first pipe show I had ever attended. This will be my third pipe show, second T.A.P.S. show

Also this year http://www.ncstatefair.org/events/4-12.htm Lots of events going on plus a huge flea market So drag the family plenty for all to see and do.

The pipe show is held in a Building which is not in the main frey of eveything so crowding/parking wont be an issue, especially before lunch.

I thought I would go get me one of those "My Name is" sticker tags at the office supply store. So if other BoB members attend you just might see R.A. at the show.

Looking forward to it, its a pipe show whats not to like :) last year we could smoke outside they provided picnic tables and tobacco.

cya there !

That sounds awesome, I have been so busy lately I can't wait to get some time off and enjoy myself there.

So anyone else from BoB make it to the show? Was enjoyable as expected, got to sample some Hearth & Home tobacco Russ Ouellette had displayed on the table. I had heard folks speak of Obsidian and Plum Pudding well they indeed are good !

It was nice to attend and enjoy the company of fellow Pipe smoking/collecting enthusiast. Last time was my first pipe show a good learning experience, This time I got to share the experience with someone relatively new to the hobby. A guy I met at a local flea market a month or so ago.

I saw he had a pipe so I struck up some pipe conversation to find he had just begun the hobby I told him of the BoB boards and other helpful info to help enjoy the hobby. I had his business card so a couple of day before the show I left him a message about the pipe show where when etc.

He also attended and enjoyed the experience, got new tobacco to sample and was intrigued by all the pipes and talking to folks learning about the hobby. As we smoked sample of tobacco and conversed about all the stresses of life he said one of the high points was to sit on the porch and enjoy a bowl in the evening.

Its good to share a common bond, I agree it is quite rewarding to sit on the deck enjoy a bowl and just ponder about this and that. In a room full of strangers there is still a sense of belonging just knowing they are fellow pipe enthusiast.

:)