2014 BOB Pipe of the Year

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotties22

Reaction score
First, let me apoligize for my lack of participation lately.  Things have been a little wild and crazy here this summer.  

I was wondering if there was any interest in a POTY this year.  I have a new line of pipes I think might be perfect and I can get the price point (with at least 50 sold) down to $150 for BOB members (Normal price is $225).  

This is the pipe.  It is my take on a little clay pipe. I am calling them the "Scottie" Clay Briar.  The shank is lined with stainless steel tube all the way to the bowl.  They are very strong and lightweight.  The chamber is .5" at the bottom and tapered to .625" (depends on the block) at the top.  Total length is somewhere around 7" depending on the block used.  I am in the process of acquiring blocks that will make the overall lenght 8"+.  Shank diameter at the stem is right at .30"

dsc00216.jpg

dsc00218.jpg

dsc00217.jpg

Your finish can be picked...smooth/blast and color (from the 5 stains I have onhand).  If we can get this rolling I will get a stamp made "BOB 2014" for these as well.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Scottie

I could see myself going in on one of these.

Great idea, the price point is awesome (don't know how you can do it) and I would love to do this, but I just can't handle anything less than .75 for the chamber diameter. The pipe is adorable, otherwise. In any event, good luck with this.

That's a sweet look'en pipe, will you be mak'en a cutty like it?  ;) 

I don't recall if the Brigham POY ended up being 2014 or 2013, not sure if we have a 2014 yet officially. What you should do is submit your interest in doing a POY project to one of us mods/admins for private discussion on specifics, and then we can allow a thread for soliciting interest if we come to an agreement. Mark and Carlos are admins, PB, Blackhorse, Mr E and myself are mods. My biggest concern right off the top is your desire to have a 50 pipe minimum. I doubt you'll get that, but we have used other methods in the past that worked out. Shoot me a pm if you wish to discuss this. For now, I'll temporarliy lock this thread until the admins and maker come to some sort of agreement. Then we can open it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.