2015: done.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
Well folks, my department finished work today for the Christmas break and boy do I need it. I'm looking forward to some serious family time for the next few weeks and of course several bowls. As is the done thing, like Col 'Hal' Moore I made sure I was the last one off the battlefield.

Enjoy your time off, Stick. I've got one more day then we're heading to warmer climes before running home for Christmas. I wager most of us are looking forward to down time and a leisurely bowl ;)

Rande, it's a good job you seem to enjoy your work mate and it's a shame you're not getting more stand down. I really hope you get a chance to enjoy a few more bowls than usual over Christmas, perhaps when you're cruising the BoB...

ontariopiper":ax5l1gm2 said:
Enjoy your time off, Stick. I've got one more day then we're heading to warmer climes before running home for Christmas. I wager most of us are looking forward to down time and a leisurely bowl ;)
Thanks OP. Safe trip home old chap and here's to those leisurely bowls.

Good to hear you are getting some much deserved time off Stick! Hopefully you will have a great holiday, and be rested and ready for 2016.

Stick":04og06cn said:
Well folks, my department finished work today for the Christmas break and boy do I need it.  I'm looking forward to some serious family time for the next few weeks and of course several bowls.  As is the done thing, like Col 'Hal' Moore I made sure I was the last one off the battlefield.
You be one lucky dude ! In over 50 years of working I NEVER got more than 4 days off for 'Fritmas !! You work for the govm'nt ?  :twisted: :twisted:

Stick":52b1pvv2 said:
Rande, it's a good job you seem to enjoy your work mate and it's a shame you're not getting more stand down.  I really hope you get a chance to enjoy a few more bowls than usual over Christmas, perhaps when you're cruising the BoB...

No worries David me ol' mukker, it's horses for courses an'all.

Cheers,

RR

Enjoy your time Sir. Good to hunker down for the Winter Solstice....

Best wishes for you Holidays!

monbla256":4cfvhkly said:
Stick":4cfvhkly said:
Well folks, my department finished work today for the Christmas break and boy do I need it.  I'm looking forward to some serious family time for the next few weeks and of course several bowls.  As is the done thing, like Col 'Hal' Moore I made sure I was the last one off the battlefield.
You work for the govm'nt ?  :twisted: :twisted:
:suspect: ;)

Ozark Wizard":lb5vqi26 said:
Enjoy your time Sir. Good to hunker down for the Winter Solstice....

Best wishes for you Holidays!
You too OW.

Not much hunkering required here in the UK at the moment mate. One would be forgiven for thinking the Winter Solstice should be the depths of the winter here in Blighty. At the moment we've got daffodil growers in the SW kick starting their businesses and selling to the major super markets, and we have an unprecedented quantity of other wild flowers beginning to emerge.

Jan and Feb are traditionally our coldest months but I tell ye, ol' Jack Frost is seriously going to have to pull his socks up to pull this one out of the bag...

Good for you Stick! I'm also off, until Jan. 4th anyway.

Full disclosure - I do not work for the government. I just save my paid time off as it accumulates during the year and use most of it during Christmas time.