25th anniversary last Halloween

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreverT

Reaction score
My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary this past Halloween. How does this even happen? I know people who can walk and talk and drive cars, that haven't even been *alive* as long as we've been married. Still totally fun though. Would marry her again.

Wow, congrats Trevor!

Is your actual anniversary on Halloween? I bet that was an interesting wedding! :pirate:

Congrats brother ! That is an amazing milestone. My five year was on the tenth of October. The time flew by .

Grats!

Coming up on 23 years myself. Every time I see a friend struggle with the middle age dating scene, I remind myself of how good I have it!

I give my wife space, she gives me space, we both want to live comfortably and travel. Do we need any other shared goals?

Congratulations to you and the Mrs. Trever! 25 years is quite a milestone.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It doesn't feel like 25 years. Truth is, we have a way better relationship now than we did when we were younger, even. Going through some big crisis together probably helped. There's a sense of loyalty and shared life experience that develops. We even get along on money, which is kind of amazing (and probably why we still get along so well).

Re: dating at 40+. I'm glad I'm not doing it. An old girlfriend of mine stayed single till just a year or two ago, and she told me some stories about the weird world of dating in one's 40's. Not for me - I'd probably just become a bachelor hermit if anything happened to my wife.

Our 25th anniversary present to each other was buying an old MR2 Spyder convertible together. When we first got married in '89, the first car we bought together was an early MR2, so it seemed appropriate to get another one for our 25th. We're both planning to autocross is, in between trips back and forth to the NC mountains.

Ocelot55":3e4x7qj2 said:
Wow, congrats Trevor!

Is your actual anniversary on Halloween? I bet that was an interesting wedding! :pirate:
Yes, Halloween is our anniversary and Nov 1st is my birthday. :twisted: It makes for a great couple of days for me! We had our wedding in costume and the reception afterward was a costume ball. So, it's been an unconventional-but-enjoyable marriage right from the start...