26 Pounds of Whole Leaf Ready to Be Turned Into Smoking Good

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroContent

Reaction score
Just got a shipment of 26 pounds of tobacco from LeafOnly.com. 17 of it is cigar tobacco. The rest is a few different orientals, couple different VAs, some Dark Fired, and some Burley. Smoked some of the DF straight. That stuff has a serious nic kick.

Fr_Tom":li9c6zmc said:
Whoa...   Do you have a fancy paper shredder that turns it to ribbon for you?
actually i just use a pasta maker, the spaghetti die is the perfect size.

What a TAD! Are you going to put any in a press? If so what combinations? What ever you do it will be interesting to hear the results. :)

AJ

You blew the perfect opportunity for a joke about a guy sending you samples.

ajn27511":kblscqtc said:
What a TAD! Are you going to put any in a press? If so what combinations? What ever you do it will be interesting to hear the results. :)

AJ
Yes, i'll be pressing plugs as well as just blending. I have to taste everything first and then taste some various processing methods like steaming and stoving before figuring out what I want to blend. The Dark Fired is good straight but after a 1/4 bowl the nicotine was way too much. The Canadian yellow VA was pretty good, really grassy. I have some 4 year old American flue cured, some lemon, and two different brights, i have Yenidje, Izmir, and Semi-Oriental 456, and some burley.

For the cigars I already have a recipe and basically bought what I need to roll 200 or so.

ZeroContent":83uzkfu2 said:
ajn27511":83uzkfu2 said:

AJ
Yes, i'll be pressing plugs as well as just blending.  I have to taste everything first and then taste some various processing methods like steaming and stoving before figuring out what I want to blend.  The Dark Fired is good straight but after a 1/4 bowl the nicotine was way too much.  The Canadian yellow VA was pretty good, really grassy.  I have some 4 year old American flue cured, some lemon, and two different brights, i have Yenidje, Izmir, and Semi-Oriental 456, and some burley.

For the cigars I already have a recipe and basically bought what I need to roll 200 or so.
I applaud your enthusiasm Eric. Stuff like this is interesting to me even though it's not my nature to pursue it myself. I'll be very interested to learn your findings.

Cheers,

RR