• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Accessories For Sale 330+ tin lot Cellar Sale - McClelland, C&D Small Batch, and other aged popular blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmlayfield

Reaction score
Hi Everyone -

Unfortunately, Covid adversely impacted my tastebuds. My sense of taste has been significantly diminished and is unlikely to return. I have decided my tobacco cellar should be enjoyed by those who can really appreciate it. This massive lot includes over 90 McClelland tins, 120+ C&D Small Batch and other tins, and a good selection of other well-known limited edition blends with 4 to 5 years age on them. I am the original owner and personally purchased every tin at retail and have stored them with care in my home. See the attached list and picture. I am asking $12,000 for the lot. Yes, that is a lot of money, but look at the list and do the math. It equals $60 for 100g McClelland tins, $35 for 50g McClelland tins, $50 for other 100g tins, $25 for other 50g tins, and $50 for 8oz tins. Individual McClelland and Small Batch tins sell for double and triple these prices and they make up half the lot. Many of the others are limited edition runs not often seen for resale. My low price is so I will not have to start a packing and shipping business to sell 330+ individual tins. Get your friends/pipe club together and split the cost.

Shipping will be the actual cost based on the buyer's preferred method of delivery, and my guess is it won't be cheap. I am located in Birmingham, Alabama and local pick-up is an option too. I am also willing to meet the buyer somewhere along the way to avoid the headache of packing and shipping.

Please do not contact me for less than the entire lot. If the entire lot does not sell in the next month or two, I will divide into smaller but still large lots. I have an equally nice pipe collection I will list soon.

DM me if interested and I am happy to answer specific questions or send more pictures.

View attachment IMG_0048.jpegView attachment IMG_0051.jpegView attachment IMG_0050.jpeg

So sorry to hear this covid news. Lots of great tobaccos there, for sure. Good luck with the sale. Most of all, wishing you good health, sir.
Beagle

I see two pages of lists…and one photo. So that’s good. Terms seem clear.

Members - this is a good time to stress that our site has nothing to do with these sales…everything is solely between a buyer and the seller. And please, no offers or attempts to dicker in the open forum.

Plus - obviously- We just always recommend prudence and caution on the part of both sides.

Best of luck. There are procedures to help with your taste. 60 Minutes did a piece on an injection into a certain gland in the neck that brings back taste for a lot of people. Just in case you haven't heard of it. I can't remember the details, but it is a relatively simple surgery/thingy that might be an option.

Best of luck. There are procedures to help with your taste. 60 Minutes did a piece on an injection into a certain gland in the neck that brings back taste for a lot of people. Just in case you haven't heard of it. I can't remember the details, but it is a relatively simple surgery/thingy that might be an option.
Thanks Zeno. My ENT did not mention any such option, but I will follow-up!

Thanks Zeno. My ENT did not mention any such option, but I will follow-up!
I couldn't find the link for the 60 Minutes piece (might have seen it elsewhere), but here is an article on it:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/pati...e-taste-and-smell-for-patient-with-long-covid
SGB is an injection of local anesthetic medication into the stellate ganglion, a bundle of nerves of the sympathetic nervous system located on both sides of the neck.

and I found this new possibility while looking for that link:

Update: This lot is listed on TinBids as well. The opening bid is $10,000 has been placed and the reserve has been met. So if you are interested the opportunity it will end in 5 days or so.