#4--Apple

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotties22

Reaction score
Hi guys. I finished this last night. I was buffing it this morning and decided to throw it on the floor a few times....Dang that buffer :evil:

I am going to resand and refinish it to get the dings out. Critiques welcome.

dscn2441.jpg

dscn2438.jpg

dscn2440.jpg

dscn2434.jpg

dscn2435.jpg

Here is a bonus. This is the 4th and 1st together..I know she's ugly, but I love her anyway.

dscn2433.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Scottie

Great work. I kind of like the small marks and chips unfilled (or at least they look that way).

There are actually quite a few flaws in the wood on one side, you can see them in the last picture. I didn't do anything to them at all. I did manage to put a few dings in it that I plan to smooth out.

I can see the flaws in the wood, but not the dings,but then I don't see that well. Flaws in the briar just don't bother me unless they are quite large. Mother Nature put them there so I don't go out of my way to hide them. I prefer a smooth pipe,even if it has flaws. Nice work!

Awesome job. They will just keep getting better. Each one you progress and learn something new. Enjoy!

Very nice work! I much prefer the more honest look of not using filler. Some see flaws I say it's character. Keep up the great work.

Jim

Great execution, fabulous shape and smooth lines. Fine polish. You're gonna need to find some briar that doesn't have as many pits to show off your work, though--or start experimenting on your own rustication to artfully dodge the flaws in the wood. That's the problem with getting better! :)

Hhhhmmmmm...I will have to let you know. I am sending it to my aunt's boyfriend tomorrow. He should have it Wednesday.