4 Noggins house blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 4Noggins house blends? How are they, and which ones have you tried? I might put an order in for some, but I was wondering what you all thought of their tobaccos before order some.

I've tried Essence of Vermont, Three Blind Moose, & Weybridge - all outstanding.
If you also consider Storm Front by John Patton & sold by 4noggins, it's outstanding too.
I wouldn't hesitate to try more of their house blends.  YMMV

I've tried a couple of their blends, Mojo is my fac, it has deer tonge in it. (sorry for the spelling.
Peaceful puffin',
John

Storm Front all the way! If you like "codger blends" or old school otc burly tasting blends then this one is a must. I like carter hall and prince albert but it is what carter hall and prince albert would be if they had more depth.

Fight'n Hampsters":gisgl2ku said:
Storm Front all the way! If you like "codger blends" or old school otc burly tasting blends then this one is a must. I like carter hall and prince albert but it is what carter hall and prince albert would be if they had more depth.

So...even though Storm Front is not a 4 Noggins house blend, per se, (it’s a John Patton blend) it IS only made and sold at 4 Noggins...so I guess it might as well be thought of as one of their house blends.

<< WARNING - A TYPICAL BLACKHORSE RANT RE JOHN PATTON BLEND FOLLOWS -
ANY MEMBERS THAT ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THEM...MOVE ALONG>>

Further...I really think it’s on the right track. I’ve usually found the 4 Noggins house blends to be just fine. OK, no problems, enjoyable...but not outrageously good. The John Patton blends, on the other hand, ARE outrageously good...great...stupendous...amazing...yadda, yadda, yadda.

I know of NO ONE that has tried Storm Front that doesn’t proclaim it to be jaw droppingly wonderful. Taking the next step...MY personal favorite blends IN THE WORLD are Crossroads, Oriental Dusk and Dark Horse. Read the reviews at Tobacco Reviews.

Lastly, the rest of Patton’s blends are ALL at the head of their class, for the type of blend they represent...ie VA/Per, VA blend, Perique heavy, cigar leaf, etc. I’ll give other members here a break and consider this my annual Spring rant re Patton stuff. There’s just nothing even close to how unique and special they are.

(There...that aught to do it.)

OMG - I just went to the 4 Noggins site to re-order some Crossroads and Cool Hand Fluke...and they’re not listed any longer!!!  Others are gone as well! Oh, woe is us.

Blackhorse":2kgcwce6 said:
OMG - I just went to the 4 Noggins site to re-order some Crossroads and Cool Hand Fluke...and they’re not listed any longer!!!  Others are gone as well! Oh, woe is us.
Cripes. I've got a bowl, maybe 2 at best, of Cool Hand Fluke left. Looks like that's an extra extra special occasion smoke.

Good rant BTW BH... up there with the best of them. :)

wow. when the owner changed, I immediately ordered another pound of storm front out of fear of this very thing.

my guess is many of the patton blends came out after 07 so the are only a few months away from extinction so it makes sense that they would phase them out.

Fight'n Hampsters":e1ynuo80 said:
my guess is many of the patton blends came out after 07 so the are only a few months away from extinction so it makes sense that they would phase them out.
I can't speak to when those blends came out, but the "drop-dead" date for blends introduced after 2/15/07 is 8/8/21, so the industry still has over three years to sell off inventory.

Russ

blendtobac":82o9x6yg said:
Fight'n Hampsters":82o9x6yg said:
I can't speak to when those blends came out, but the "drop-dead" date for blends introduced after 2/15/07 is 8/8/21, so the industry still has over three years to sell off inventory.

Russ
Except that there are some c*******ers trying to push things ahead.

https://csnews.com/public-health-groups-sue-fda-expedite-agencys-review-tobacco-products

blendtobac":x9zo6r4a said:
Fight'n Hampsters":x9zo6r4a said:

Russ
Thanks for the update! I think I now remember you mentioning that on another post a while back. So if I read that right then post 07 blends can still be produced and sold up until 8/8/21? That would be wonderful as it would give me more time to cellar.