4 Noggins packing problems?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrT999

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place for this thread, but if there is a better one I'm sure it will be moved there....

In any case, 3 of my last 4 orders from 4 Noggins have had minor packing errors -- in two, the wrong brands of pipe cleaners and in the 3rd, I was sent St Bruno Ready-Rubbed rather than the flake. Is this happening to others, or have I just been unlucky?

I had three issues from them in the last three orders.

Transition pains, perhaps?

I never had any issues with them.  My last order of Moe's Confetti and Beck's OLB on 7/12 came through just fine.  The only difference was they were packed in a bubble pack rather than a box.

Never had a problem with either packing or picking from 4noggins. I have always recieved what has been ordered and it arrives in great condition. Will update this if that changes in the future.

Best of luck

Tim

Timbo":2mywlbla said:
Never had a problem with either packing or picking from 4noggins. I have always recieved what has been ordered and it arrives in great condition. Will update this if that changes in the future.

Best of luck

Tim
I had as well, for some 6 years; that's why this took me by surprise.

Sorry Doc, I should have said I'd gotten three orders from them in the last few months AOK since Rich retired.

Maybe drop Jeff a quick note to see what's up with the picking elves. :)

Cheers

Tim

Ok, make that 4 out of 5 orders messed up. While they will no doubt make good, it's really not worth the hassle. I doubt if I will be making many more orders with them.

I've had three orders since the ownership change. All went smoothly.
Before writing them off, I send an email to Jeff. Explain what you've been thru and see what he can do on his end to keep you as a customer.

glassjapan":4332f2mz said:
I've had three orders since the ownership change. All went smoothly.
Before writing them off, I send an email to Jeff. Explain what you've been thru and see what he can do on his end to keep you as a customer.
Well, that is what I did last time....

Then you've bent over backwards and done more than I would have to stay with a business.

DrT999":utzi078v said:
Not sure if this is the best place for this thread, but if there is a better one I'm sure it will be moved there....

Hmmm. Well, since the sky isn’t actually falling I guess we’re good.  Really, it relates to this subject catagory a little better than anywhere else. It’s fine. I just feel like I need to reply with a few cogent remarks to show I’m sort of paying attention. Thanks for the opportunity.

I haven't ordered from them in a while but have not had such issues. But I will keep that in mind next time I place an order with them.

Davy Jones":i8qe1icv said:
I haven't ordered from them in a while but have not had such issues. But I will keep that in mind next time I place an order with them.
I guess if anyone orders from them, we just can't order anything they can confuse -- like mistaking Long's pipe cleaners for Dill's or St Bruno's ready-rubbed for Flake.... :roll:

On one hand, I tried to contact them with a couple of questions on three occasions but never got a response. On the other, they’re the only vendor that makes up John Patton blends. So Corncobcon can only go to them for his Mo’s blend...more’s the pity. Whaterya gonna do?

(The problem with Long’s vs Dill’s to me is that with Longs you can get as many as 100 in a pack but Dill’s is only 32 or so? Not a good swap. Aside from the point of getting what they took your money for...which is kinda basic.)

Blackhorse":r54h04c8 said:
On one hand, I tried to contact them with a couple of questions on three occasions but never got a response. On the other, they’re the only vendor that makes up John Patton blends. So Corncobcon cannONLYNgo to them for his Mo’s blend...more’s the pity. Whaterya gonna do?

(The problem with Long’s vs Dill’s to me is that with Longs you can get as many as 100 in a pack but Dill’s is only 32 or so? Not a good swap. Aside from the point of getting what they took your money for...which is kinda basic.)
The swap actually went the other way, but while Long's are in theory a better buy, they are also thicker than Dill's, which means they won't work on most of my pipe stems. So they are basically useless.

Also, from trying both brands, I believe Dill's are a much better quality product than Long's. They don't leave those cotton pieces all over the stem and the shan of my pipes, and it works for both-bristle or tapered.
I also believe, for this reason, that paying more and getting less with Dill's does actually make sense. :)

Davy Jones":3wz9b8ue said:
Also, from trying both brands, I believe Dill's are a much better quality product than Long's.  They don't leave those cotton pieces all over the stem and the shan of my pipes, and it works for both-bristle or tapered.
I also believe, for this reason, that paying more and getting less with Dill's does actually make sense. :)
Agree x 2

Blackhorse":z7wwbbqm said:
Davy Jones":z7wwbbqm said:
Also, from trying both brands, I believe Dill's are a much better quality product than Long's.  They don't leave those cotton pieces all over the stem and the shan of my pipes, and it works for both-bristle or tapered.
Agree x 2
I meant: inside the stem and shank...

Result:

I sent back the two pouches of St. Bruno I was mis-sent; in return, I was sent three tins of St. Bruno, which was nice of them. They do try to make things right, and this time, they went beyond the minimum.