4 Noggins Prairie Wind

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slide

Reaction score
I received a sample of this with an order that arrived today.

They describe it as a mix of 3 types of Virginia and a good amount of Perique. I could definitely taste/feel the Perique in this one.

I found myself wishing I had a pound of it...okay, okay Alfredo....5 pounds. :lol:

That situation will be rectified shortly :lol:

Slide":stz0w2ib said:

They describe it as a mix of 3 types of Virginia and a good amount of Perique. I could definitely taste/feel the Perique in this one.

I found myself wishing I had a pound of it...okay, okay Alfredo....5 pounds. :lol:

I have heard good things about this one.

By rule of thumb I avoid anything with the word "Breeze" in the name. "Wind" on the other hand seems to be okay. :p

DrumsAndBeer":kztg4jeo said:
Slide":kztg4jeo said:

I have heard good things about this one.

By rule of thumb I avoid anything with the word "Breeze" in the name. "Wind" on the other hand seems to be okay. :p
Then you may want to stay away from GH Sea Breeze Snuff :lol:

I think Prairie Wind may be blended, at least in part, with McClelland tobaccos. Kind of has that scent.

Be sure to use the discount code "bob"

Still good for 10% off.

Boy after my Smoking Pipes order today, I wished to hell they had a "bob" code.

At least I got free shipping.

DrumsAndBeer":euc3vwpn said:
Boy after my Smoking Pipes order today, I wished to hell they had a "bob" code.

At least I got free shipping.
We look forward to an update :lol:

Slide":v14akbwk said:
I don't provide TAD updates without photo proof. ;)

Trust me when I say that my recent haul is good sized but still not fit for the Slide/alfredo show. :p

Prairie Wind is one of 4 Nogs best blends, IMHO. And it's one of the best values out there.

Now don't go and get all frenzy on me gents before I can score another couple lbs of this myself.......

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

DrumsAndBeer":6y49q434 said:
Slide":6y49q434 said:
I don't provide TAD updates without photo proof. ;)

Trust me when I say that my recent haul is good sized but still not fit for the Slide/alfredo show. :p
We will still celebrate it!

Just got a sample of this in my 4Noggins order, and it smelled so good I decided to try it before cracking one of the Wessex Campaign Dark Flake tins that it accompanied. Puffing it now, and really liking it...tasting a little something more than just ginnys and perique, I think, but can't put my finger on it. A damn fine blend, in any case--thanks, 4N!

This is one of the best blends they produce. It has a subtle complexity from the Va's,  just a hint of sweetness and the Perique is noticeable but in no way takes over this blend.

As with many Va. blends you have to experiment with moisture levels, and when you get it right, this tobacco produces plenty of smoke and allows you to puff slowly and get the best out of it

Mike Brissett

Everyone deems PW good but I wonder what VA/Perique it is most like:

Escudo/Dunhill Navy Rolls
Davidoff Flake Medallions
SG St. James Flake
MC St. James Woods

I guess I'm asking if it's a full-bore VA/Perique or like the Davidoff, which I feel is more smooth and refined.

4noggins.com_Mike":r51b4vfw said:

SG St. James Flake
MC St. James Woods

I guess I'm asking if it's a full-bore VA/Perique or like the Davidoff, which I feel is more smooth and refined.
It has a McClelland flavor to it. I suspect he uses their Virginia in the blending of it.

Slide":xv1xki5a said:
4noggins.com_Mike":xv1xki5a said:

SG St. James Flake
MC St. James Woods

It has a McClelland flavor to it. I suspect he uses their Virginia in the blending of it.
Been smoking McC's baccy for nearly 30 years and I din't tatse any McC flavor in Prairie Winds. I DO taste a nice mixture of Bright and Red Va's as it's base with a nice tasty dose of Perique. It has become my GO TO VaPer now days. Not as Perique heavy as many of Mr. Peases blends, but you do get that nice peppery spice intermingled with the Va sweetness :twisted:

Tried this on the advice of Monbla.....found it was pretty good.  Haven't found a single 4-Noggins blend that wasn't wonderful.  Killington and Lord Methley are two of my favorites from them.