4750 smackeroos.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't get it, put that name on it and you could sell a dog turd. It's a nice pipe, but not $4,750.00 nice. To each their own I guess :evil:

That's what I was thinking J.. A steal at that price.. and these ingrates are whining and cry-babying.. See what happens when you try to do something nice?????????? Bah humbug.

It's beyond my reach. But that shape is very nice. I have a John Crosby that is similar. Nice grain that should please those that like a smooth pipe. The hand-shaped bit looks comfortable. Certainly more affordable than some of the other pieces I have seen.

Kinda sad. The button is effectively gone. Back when pipes were just pipes (pre Internet era), guys simply bought what they liked and smoked 'em.

The irony is the Danish makes which increased in value the most employed techniques & stylings which made them effectively impossible to restore. Many old English pipes can be brought back to effectively new, but not those glossy-finished scoops, zebra-striped contrast stains, and etc. (Their original makers won't even touch 'em.)

The price caught my "attention" also. Ridiculious in my opinion. I like the Danes; they make some pretty good beer and damn fine cheese. I have three danish pipes, two Jobey's and a Nording. I like'm just fine. Ya'll can have the rest :santa: FTRPLT

I wouldn't buy that pipe. Not because of the price or the condition, but because I think Bo's execution on that one was a little clumsy. The pipe is too heavy for it's shape. Those buns are made to clench and at 57gr, with so much weight on the bowl and shank, it will be very nose heavy. The shape of that pipe could have been designed better to make it more comfortable.

Here is an example of what I mean...

IMG_8435.jpg

crazy indeed hmmmmmmm...., does it come with complementary pipe reamers....... if so it may be a bargain boys! :lol:

It should come with a pound each of Mixture #79 and Palladin Black Cherry or it's no bargin :evil:

Puff Daddy":t327fbt7 said:
I think they threw in a pipe nail and a tub of Captain Black.
Bwhahahahaha! I think that should be standard for any pipe over $1000.