4noggins Bald Headed Teacher

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertschantz

Reaction score
I have been hearing really good things about this blend since I started frequenting pipe forums. I finally got around to placing an order with 4 noggins and included 4 ounces of BHT in the order. After smoking a couple bowls this evening, I really wish I had order a lot more.

I knew I liked burley, and Virginia, and latakia. I did not know what those three tobaccos could do when blended like this. Slightly sweet, a little nutty, and with touches of the latakia smokiness, this blend is incredibly well balanced for my palate. I could go on for quite some time, but SWMBO is already convinced I have gone well over the edge.

If you like burley, and latakia in moderation, you should definitely try this blend!

Pete, So have I heard good things, I think you should give us a review bro!
Thanks for sharing, I was wondering about that one!!

I'll do a proper review, but I'm afraid I'll have to smoke several more bowls for that 8)

I have been wondering about this one for sometime now too. Look forward to a full report once you've had a chance to chew on it for a good while.

K,

I can tell you it is a really nice blend. I'm not sure my palate is sophisticated enough to give you a proper run down, but I'll take a run at it. I'm rapidly finding that I am well on my way to codger status, the burley's being at the top of my list....

I enjoyed the sample that Rich sent me in a recent order. I will be ordering some the next time I place an order with 4Noggins.

petertschantz":z90jzbg5 said:
K,

I can tell you it is a really nice blend. I'm not sure my palate is sophisticated enough to give you a proper run down, but I'll take a run at it. I'm rapidly finding that I am well on my way to codger status, the burley's being at the top of my list....
Sure, whatever insights you might have would be more than appreciated (if you feel like doing so, of course). I think there is something to be said for the transition to 'codgerdom' in relation to 'palate sophistication', and it is all good!

Kapnismologist":jyk0je0m said:
petertschantz":jyk0je0m said:
K,

Sure, whatever insights you might have would be more than appreciated (if you feel like doing so, of course). I think there is something to be said for the transition to 'codgerdom' in relation to 'palate sophistication', and it is all good!
No preassure there Pete!

Thanks guys! I'll be smoking some more BHT this evening, I'll post up a proper review if the install we have scheduled goes smoothly.

I picked up some of this last week. It arrived yesterday and I smoked some in my Bigham Voyager.

Not being a reviewer, I can say at least that this tobacco is very fragrant. It has a wonderful pouch aroma...nutty and sweet with perhaps a touch of vanilla.

Moisture content seemed perfect. It lit easily but my poor packing and lighting techniques can ruin anything. It's very smooth, nutty and sweet with a wonderful aromatic like aroma. Nuts and vanilla. There is also a touch of smokiness in the finish. No tongue bite at all.

This could easily be an all day blend. I needed several relites because I suck at what I'm doing, but it didn't ruin the smoke.

Overall, I really liked it, but bear in mind this was only my first bowl. However, I don't see how this would change to where I don't care for it.

Perhaps another all day blend to add to the rotation. Will add some to my next order :)

Never smoked it but by what you describe it is a must try!!!
Thanks Stogie!!