4th of July Smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something very American, perhaps GLP Cumberland in an MM cob. Yeah that's definitely what it will be.

A pipeful of Three Star Banner Lite (red white and blue label) from IRC in brand new cob for breakfast this morning, and a Illegally imported Cohiba for Dessert this evening.

America! F*** YEAH!

I'll be smoking sometime the 6th or 7th. Celebrating the 4th with non smoking family. I really can't remember the last time I sat down and enjoyed a smoke.

I plan to start my pipe in the morning and keep it lit ALL DAY. We'll see how long I actually make it :cyclops: . This should work for lighting fireworks too ;D

I'm with Hermit, all American pipes for me today.

I started the day with a Garkinels billiard, sold out of the long-gone Washington DC shop (French made though..). I tried some Two Friends "Celtic Mist", which was OK for an aromatic.

Next up my lone Grabow, than a Mark Tinsky for fireworks spectating.

Starting the day with some Blackwoods Flake in my Peretti Straight Grain bent bulldog I got this year. Nice and sweet Va start to the day :p

sg21.jpg

It's Blockade Runner in a MM cob, and more in a Tinsky if there's time today... artifically limited selection, as I'm on vacation, but a darned American lineup. My subsconscious is a hell of a patriot, or something.

Almost forgot about my little Boswell bent. A fine smoking little pipe, with an ususual for Boswell, vulcanite stem.

Started the morning off with a couple bowls of Squadron Leader in my vintage Pioneer meerschaum calabash. Later in the afternoon, I smoked a bowl of Penzance in my Sadik Yanik ghost ship calcine meerschaum.

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

Finishing up the day with a bowl of Union Square in a Will Purdy Alchemist. All American. (Earlier, it was JackKnife Plug.)

72006635_a104cfba0e_b.jpg

glpease":vvlyvyg9 said:
Finishing up the day with a bowl of Union Square in a Will Purdy Alchemist. All American. (Earlier, it was JackKnife Plug.)
that purdy is just about the prettiest thing i've seen in a long time! does she smoke as well as she looks?

happy fourth, GL. planning to start my day-after-independence-day today with some Haddo's!

doody.

It is a little late to post here, but I smoked my mm and a vaper from home a little american south mixed with a nice touch from home in that bowl.

Mr. Doody":sf43wz0f said:
glpease":sf43wz0f said:
that purdy is just about the prettiest thing i've seen in a long time! does she smoke as well as she looks?

happy fourth, GL. planning to start my day-after-independence-day today with some Haddo's!

doody.
Thanks, Doody. Will's pipes are amazing smokers, and this one is no exception. He's got the internals nailed down solidly, and uses fantastic, well aged briar (which is definitely a plus). I have a couple of his very early pipes that he sent me when he was getting started to get my opinion, and even those were fantastic. He's doing something right.