7-Day Set: Radice Pease/di Piazza Rubens Rhodesian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefoolish

Reaction score
In a fit of madness that started because of a post made by Neill Archer "Zulu Collector" Roan, I started attempting to put together a 7-Day set of Radice Rubens Rhodesians, a pipe designed by Greg Pease and Luca di Piazza.

After acquiring my first, a Clear finish of the second generation (straight), I wanted to find a pipe of the first generation (bent). After struggling and managing to find one, the path was starting to take shape and I soon started working towards seven pipes, all of different finishes.

As of this morning, I have succeeded in that goal.

Rhodesians have quickly become one of my favorite shapes and the design that Mr. Pease and Luca di Piazza put together is simple, elegant, full of character, and is the platonic "Rhodesian Pipe". Thank you, gentlemen, and a big thank you to the folks at Radice Pipes. Cheers to all.

Enjoy...I know I do.

RRRSet9.jpg

RRRSet7.jpg

RRRSet3.jpg

RRRSet2.jpg

Congrats man, that's quite an accomplishment! those all look like they'll be one fine smoke, Greg doesn't put his name on just anything, only things worthy. Smoke 'em in good health and fortune, enjoy your babies!

That's the way to do it... when you are as young as you... they will bring years of enjoyment ...

Greenleaf":jzntqc2h said:
Nice indeed. Love the idea of getting a set of pipes.
In my opinion, it's the best way to go: 7 pipes, 7 finishes = total win.

Harlock999":60waeenr said:
Why stop with seven?
I won't necessarily stop there, but I feel it's a good time to turn my attention to other pipes, too.

I mean, if there are 200 of those pipes out there, I own 3.5% of them...Not too bad! :D

thefoolish":xhs43y9r said:
Harlock999":xhs43y9r said:
Why stop with seven?
I won't necessarily stop there, but I feel it's a good time to turn my attention to other pipes, too.

I mean, if there are 200 of those pipes out there, I own 3.5% of them...Not too bad! :D
Not bad at all!

Just beautiful. I love the variation in finish within the collection. You really did an awesome job putting that 7 day set together. Enjoy!

Wow! Really nice selection. You did a great job with your choices!!!

riff raff":16iedmyy said:
I've been looking at Luca di Piazza "Poker" that pipesandcigars.com has available. I'm traveling up there next week and wondered how they smoke? I need a sitter for the garage/workshop.
Here's the one I'm considering:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/lupibyludipi4.html
If the Pease/ di Piazza pipes made by Luca smoke anything like the ones made by Radice, they are amazing. These boys smoke like a dream!

The Pease/DiPiazza Luciano pipes are also made by Radice.
I have a few of each, and they're all great smokers

That's really cool :cheers:

Now I've got to get my four Tinsky rho's up to seven. Or do I include this one from his son, Glenn?

Glenn Tinsky rho

Something else to obsess over. :cyclops:

Buddy

Cody V":5hd8eqf7 said:
The Pease/DiPiazza Luciano pipes are also made by Radice.
I have a few of each, and they're all great smokers
I agree that the Lucianos are great smokers, but they are not made by Radice. Luciano is a separate operation.