7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tah Dah!! The box is sealed and ready for launch! :D I have separated the stuff into 2 boxes, the box that goes to PB and the box that will go to the troops. There were a lot of small bags with dried up or almost gone samples, these have served their purpose and their time has come. They are no more. Not worth saving, most worse for wear from the long trip. But, there was a lot of good sample stuff forwarded to PB, and a goodly amount of tobacco for the troops (mostly the sealed OTC's, relabeled Lane brands, and large bags of samples that I know PB wasn't interested in). The box should go out in a day or two.

My takes:
Chelsea Morning
C&D Reverie
Dark Star
Christmas Cheer 09
Bayou Night (8 ounce sealed tin).

My Puts:

Star of the East (2006) 8 ounce sealed tin
Blackpoint
Christmas Cheer 05 (I had 2 of these, thus the swap with the 09)
SG Balkan flake (06)
Patriot Flake (06)

The other sealed tins in the box for PB:

Irish flake - Escudo - B Bailey's Balkan - Classic Samsung - 965 - Great Hiatus - Quiet Nights - Maltese Falcon - Tuskegee Airmen - Royal Cajun Special - Easy Street.

Hope you find it to be as decent a selection as what left your house many months ago PB

Puff - I was hoping you would take the Revelation - it is an aromatic burley of interest...

gandalfpc":pydfyprz said:
Puff - I was hoping you would take the Revelation - it is an aromatic burley of interest...
I sampled a bowl from the open tub, it was OK. The sealed pouch/box is going to the troops.

Many thanks to PB, Puff, and all participants - wonderful box pass indeed :)

Good job PD! Great pass and thank you for performing the post-pass duties and divvying up the spoils. Kudos to PB for getting the madness started in the first place. I for one enjoyed the experience immensely and will be much better prepared if and when it happens again.

Good show gentlmen!!! :cheers:

A big thanks to PB / Brandon for starting the whole thing up.
Despite a minor "bump in the road", the box pass was well played and I for one, enjoyed it thoroughly!!!! :D
Cheers !!!!

Good show PD, and thanks for spending the time sorting things and sending to the troops,,,I'm sure your efforts will be appreciated by them,,,,they are by us,,,,

Many thanks to PB who stepped up to the plate and got things rolling, an organizational triumph ,, your effort is appreciated ,,not an easy thing to raid your cellar and send it down the road,,,"bump in the road" or not, I think it was a great experience. I found a couple new tobaccos to enjoy, and answered several questions on a few more.

Well done PD, and once again thanks to PB and all who participated. It was a pleasure to join in the fun and I am very thankfull to have had the opportunity to do so :cheers:

Thanks to PB and PD for organizing this event. It was a lot of fun and reinforced the great sense of communtiy I find a BoB. Despite the few snags I think it was a success I hope another box pass happens again next year. :cheers:

Yeah, what they said. Really, thanks Bran for stepping up and taking care of this. This was my first box pass and, even though I was second in receiving it I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to everybody who participated. I cant wait till the next.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks to everyone that participated... A big shout out to PD for picking up the slack when I through my fit..

I'll try to snap a few pics and talk about any new blends that I try...

puros_bran":d2t1xftv said:
Thanks to everyone that participated... A big shout out to PD for picking up the slack when I through my fit..

I'll try to snap a few pics and talk about any new blends that I try...
Looking forward to hearing about, and seeing a few pics of, its 'homecoming'.

Great finish PD! Very nice pass!

And, thanks PB for putting it on this year!

Holy cow....

The box is at Casa PB....

P diddy must have gave the mail clerk a Hoffa look...