8:30 pm ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about 8:30 earth hour.. But I do know about 7 PM Calipari's Cats hour.

You shut off appliances and non-necessary lighting for an hour in order to show solidarity with environmental issues. My understanding of it is that in large cities where it's done, the impact it makes on energy consumption for that period of time is quite impressive. Obviously, when put against the energy used in a year, it's just a wee bit. But it's still an interesting thing to do.

I'll be doing it this evening. :lol:

Well, we're going to be out shopping, so we'll leave everything off while we're gone. Will that work? :lol:

I turn all my lights, and appliances on during the hour to make up for the loss of income for the energy companies. I also use my spray on deoderant while eating red meat. What can i say im part of the 10% who can not be reeducated

I am a conservative not a liberal tree hugger. I don't believe we need to "save the planet" but we need to be "good stewards" of our natural resources.
My lights will be on so I can see what I'm doing!
Sorry if I'm not PC but Al Gore and his Mother Earth lovin cronies can kiss my :shock:

We forgot until we heard the local radio station talking about it. Only had three lights on anyway. Plus the furnace was running and the radio. And all of that mysterious 'phantom power'. Went out front to see what the rest of the street was doing, not much. The newspapers really slammed it this year. Didn't get a paper to see what the observation rate was (in Toronto.) I suspect not much.

The solar flare induced blackout in 2003 was far more impressive!

Just checked. Its official. Earth Hour sucked in Toronto => It sucked

Common sense and my not liking wastefulness cause me to shut lights and appliances when they're not being used well -always. Other than that, no observance whatsoever.

-Andrew

adauria":mzj1nyte said:
Common sense and my not liking wastefulness cause me to shut lights and appliances when they're not being used well -always. Other than that, no observance whatsoever.
That's it for me exactly. Words like "conservation" and "impact" relate to my wallet, not the environment. It's amazing how just acting in enlightened self-interest will make you an agenda-free conservationist.

Doc Manhattan":3z5rsgor said:
adauria":3z5rsgor said:
That's it for me exactly. Words like "conservation" and "impact" relate to my wallet, not the environment. It's amazing how just acting in enlightened self-interest will make you an agenda-free conservationist.
Ditto!