Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centurian 803

Reaction score
Brothers and sisters in the armed services, police, fire and ems, I salute you on this day of remembrance! God bless and protect each of you. :cheers:

This day may live on in infamy, but let us never forget those that fought the good fight, the brave fight... those that died in the line of duty and those who worked their asses to the bone in the days that followed. Cheers to their character, cheers to their light, cheers to their memory!

I too will never forget what I was doing as I watched it live in shear terror on that awful day! I remember vividly the 'coming together' of Americans in the days that followed, the scarcity of American flags at any price ... would that our great nation were always together like that.

Godspeed all men and women who still fight that good fight everyday and in every capacity. :cheers:

Something that the liberal mind can never seem to comprehend is that some people will make a willing decision to place their own lives in jeopardy to protect their society. They seem to think that only the stupid or the desperate would choose to serve, whether in the military or as a cop or fireman.

And so they choose to denigrate the motives and actions of those that serve. They think they show they care by keeping a scorecard of the loses, and bemoaning those "unnecessary deaths", because they "know" that all conflicts can solved by "reasonable men". They fail to realize that not all are reasonable, and therefore cannot be reasoned with.

Here in Canada, over the years, the Liberal Party has nearly gutted the military, and the Conservatives have just started the process of re-equiping them. I have no doubt the Obama-crats will have the military budget in their sights, and will attack it, under the guise of cutting waste and cutting the deficit. OMG

Let us remember our armed forces, both military and civilian, and the firemen too, all that stands between us and the savages of this world. And while we think of them let us not forget those civilians who paid with their lives, and made us aware that we could not count on our oceans to protect us from the terrorists of the world.

And when you pray for those good men and women, don't neglect the Canadian forces who have been serving side by side with US forces in Afghanistan.

I will never forget that day. My best friend from college was on the 96th floor of the first tower that was hit. He died that day. I had spoken to him the night before over the phone, and we made plans to spend a weekend together in three weeks. He worked at fiduciary trust. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of that day.my wife knew three others who passed that day, two that were on one of the flights and another who worked at CantorFitzgerald. I still can remember the sheer terror in my buddy's fiance's voice that day, as she went hospital to hospital looking for him. I spoke at his memorial service a few weeks later, it still feels surreal.

gkhanna74 you have my deepest sympathies for your personal loss that day ... may they all rest in peace.

We ALL lost on that day ... and yes it still feels unreal.

Kilted1, thanks for the kind words. You nailed it -- we all lost that day. And I am proud of the men and women who have served and are serving to protect us to prevent another 9/11. I believe that their sacrifice has helped prevent another such attack. God bless them and their families.