92 christmas cheer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
now this is interesting. in the tin it smells like wine! their is a kind of lining coating the inside of the tin like sandpaper I've never seen before. the first bowl I had when I opened the tin bit me something fierce. I let the tin air for a week, then tried again. very deep taste almost like a burley! no real sweetness but very creamy and deep. a surprising amount of nicotene for a straight virginny. halfway through a kind of spice like pumpkin comes through, becoming very very good. it tastes familiar somehow. wow, words fail me.

sorry a call came in and it cut the connection, back to the review. a little bit of butteriness and it came to me that the spice varies between pumpkin and butterscotch. very good indeed. the aroma of the smoke is like a fine burgundy wine. I wonder what this was like whenyoung. there is something deeply satisfying about this. i'm smoking this in a deep bowled eltang bent brandy and all is right with the world!

Thank you for a very good review, you have confirmed my suspicions, I got 3 tins of 2008 Christmas Cheer, opening one to try, strong smell of ketchup, meek and mild virginia, nothing special but definately good quality virginia, just got the feeling this needs two or three more years before it is a very fine smoke. So it looks as though the wait will be worthwhile after all

The 92 is one that has eluded me. Sounds like a great smoke. McClellands VA's age very well and become quite tasty with 10+ years of age!