a big thank you to RB-5

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
Rb-5 sent me a care package containing a healthy dose of the following blends:

briar fox
maltese falcon
embarcadero
opening night

a big thank you! i'm very excited to try these. your generosity is much appreciated! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Those are top-notch tobaccos - enjoy them! Well done to RB-5!

bruins":aq37shpt said:
Rb-5 sent me a care package containing a healthy dose of the following blends:

briar fox
maltese falcon
embarcadero
opening night

a big thank you! i'm very excited to try these. your generosity is much appreciated! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Nice! I've only tried the Opening Night and it's on of my favorites. I can imagine anything named Falcon would be anything but great! 8)

Trout Bum":708oeurw said:
Awesome!

Been curious about Briar Fox... if possible, Bruins, please post your thoughts on this one.
here's my thoughts on briar fox: but first a caveat. i'm still in the developing stages of enjoying virginias. i can only compare it to the other three virginias i've smoked, union square, escudo, and petersons irish flake. and to me, those three taste very similar so i'm not to the stages of picking out subtleties yet.

i tried it right away just because i like the name. also, it comes in this cool brick that crumbles when you manhandle it, so that was cool. easy to break off what you want and drop it in the pipe. so flavor wise, compared to the others i named, it seemed sweeter (and when i say sweeter, i mean like comparing one very dry wine with another very dry wine). also, it seems to have more of a nuttier flavor, which i liked. even though i don't absolutely love straight virginias yet, i keep smoking them because i like the flavor that's left in my mouth the rest of the day. this was no exception. i also really liked the trace smells of it in my beard and on my hands. like the other virginias, i'm only good for half a bowl before the nicotine takes over. but i did smoke two bowls of it today.

maybe somebody with more experience than me can comment on it. the description on the web says it's earthy in flavor. i'd have to agree. seemed to have darker tones than something like union square. all in all, i'd say a favorable experience. if you like virginias already, i can't imagine you'd find this one to be lousy.

Congratulations to you, brother Bruins!! Keep it up... you'll be a Virginia man... I just know it!! BTW... I'm still enjoying those blends you sent me. I just head outside when I want some!!

Kudos to you, brother Rb-5!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

This is the main reason that I love it here at BoB... brotherhood and generosity runs rampant! A far cry from the way things are in the rest of the world!!

Robert

I am VERY HAPPY that you like the baccy! Thank you for the kind words.

bruins":nqs66fnp said:
Trout Bum":nqs66fnp said:
Awesome!

Been curious about Briar Fox... if possible, Bruins, please post your thoughts on this one.
here's my thoughts on briar fox: but first a caveat. i'm still in the developing stages of enjoying virginias. i can only compare it to the other three virginias i've smoked, union square, escudo, and petersons irish flake. and to me, those three taste very similar so i'm not to the stages of picking out subtleties yet.

i tried it right away just because i like the name. also, it comes in this cool brick that crumbles when you manhandle it, so that was cool. easy to break off what you want and drop it in the pipe. so flavor wise, compared to the others i named, it seemed sweeter (and when i say sweeter, i mean like comparing one very dry wine with another very dry wine). also, it seems to have more of a nuttier flavor, which i liked. even though i don't absolutely love straight virginias yet, i keep smoking them because i like the flavor that's left in my mouth the rest of the day. this was no exception. i also really liked the trace smells of it in my beard and on my hands. like the other virginias, i'm only good for half a bowl before the nicotine takes over. but i did smoke two bowls of it today.

maybe somebody with more experience than me can comment on it. the description on the web says it's earthy in flavor. i'd have to agree. seemed to have darker tones than something like union square. all in all, i'd say a favorable experience. if you like virginias already, i can't imagine you'd find this one to be lousy.
I just finished a bowl of Briar fox.....I really have a hard time placing this one. it has the VA burn and sweet. There is a taste that I just can't place, something that I don't find in the flakes that I have tried. I agree with you that if you like VAs then this is a no brainer. I actually enjoy this one more than some of the highly regarded flakes. I feel as though there is definitely something in here that is not on the label.

Smooth and rich, smokey and dark. Not creamy in the least, but I can't quit you briar fox.