A bit wet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blr1911

Reaction score
So I tried the Navy Flake mixture, soaking wet. I punted, tried Luxury Blend....was gurgling within minutes.

Is this the pipe? It's a brand new Royal Irish, wiped the bowl with honey. I've not had this happen to me before, and I don't like it.

Tobacco at tin moisture levels will not smoke the same way as dried tobacco does. It requires a looser pack and a much slower approach, with much longer time-outs to adjust itself between the initial lights, and re-lights. It's for people who are patient.

:face:

If you are trying a new-to-you tobacco and a new-to-you pipe, that's too many variables to control.

What shape is the pipe? It's possible it's not built real well but with a Pete of that quality, I'd suspect user-error before I'd blame the pipe.

Are you talking about Mac Baren Navy Flake? How did you pack it? It's usually entirely smokeable right out of the tin.

Mac B Navy Flake has perfect moisture out of the tin, by my reckon, and I agree about Sas' statement with a better Pete...

...probably pilot error, but the good news is, it's relatively easy to fix. :D

Was packed too tight.

Everything is cool now. :drunken:

blr1911":bk11evob said:
Was packed too tight.

Everything is cool now. :drunken:
And there ya go........

I've personally found PS to be at the exact right moisture level right out of the tin. Which is to say far more dry than many. But it works!

At least as far as what I've had, which includes Luxury Bullseye, Luxury Twist, and Navy Flake. Can't speak to anything else.

So it would come down to the prep first, and the pipe second.

Of course I could be all full of bull feathers all the same.

JMHO!

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR