A blog I wrote about pipe smoking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the Blog and found it interesting and also read "The Theology of Pipe Smoking" and it was some of the most entertaining reading I've experienced in some time. Well worth the time and effort. Thanks for the post. :)

AJ

Thanks for reading guys! I truly appreciate the support.

ajn27511":f3zzbdgn said:
I read the Blog and found it interesting and also read "The Theology of Pipe Smoking" and it was some of the most entertaining reading I've experienced in some time. Well worth the time and effort. Thanks for the post.
Toward a Theology of Pipesmoking is a great read. I managed to track down a print copy a while back.

Simple Man":f3zzbdgn said:
Nice! I look forward to future installments. :D
I'll be sure to post it when I do another installment.

An enjoyable read for sure but two things which I feel compelled to mention, first and foremost the image of the character Gandalf caused me to immediately feel like I was about to read some infantile drivel from some nerdy fantasy geek and secondly all of the 'bold' text kept forcing my attention away from the context of the message.

Please forgive my saying that about the Gandalf image for I do not consider you to be childlike in any way shape or form but that is the effect that image had on me, I just can't take people seriously when I see that sort of imagery. The over use of the bold text suggests that the writer is not aware that the reader is fully capable of understanding the importance of given words, your audience doesn't need to have their hands held whilst reading my friend, I would get shot of the bold text.

Briar Spirit":ojkng2ml said:
An enjoyable read for sure but two things which I feel compelled to mention, first and foremost the image of the character Gandalf caused me to immediately feel like I was about to read some infantile drivel from some nerdy fantasy geek and secondly all of the 'bold' text kept forcing my attention away from the context of the message.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I really appreciate it. Looking back over the post I understand your point and have made the appropriate adjustments.