A Brother in Need

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Fellow pipe smoke Stan Glugover, 79, has been confined to a nursing home. He has been a brother of the briar for 65 years now. Although he has his pipes, he is without tobacco, lighters or pipe cleaners. He has no means of obtaining these things as he is of limited means. I'm sure he would appreciate whatever assistance we can give him in acquiring what he needs. His personal preference is Middleton's Cherry but he'll smoke literally anything that is available to him. His address is below:

Stan Glugover
Pavillions at Forestall
5000 Windrow Drive
Princeton, NJ 08540

Anthony":ucb3plbv said:
I will definitely send him some tobaccos come payday.
An interesting bit about Stan. He too was once a U.S. Army soldier during the Korean war. I saw a photo of him once with his pipe. He still smokes that same pipe today.

Bill....Thanks for bringing this to the Board. I do have one question.....Can Stan smoke in his nursing home?? Many do not allow it. Just a curious question. FTRPLT

ftrplt":jxyilgdy said:
Bill....Thanks for bringing this to the Board. I do have one question.....Can Stan smoke in his nursing home?? Many do not allow it. Just a curious question. FTRPLT
Yeah, he can smoke there. Seems they provide a smoking area. There are five others smokers as I understand it. None of which smoke pipes.

Bill":mgg4dnp6 said:
Anthony":mgg4dnp6 said:
I will definitely send him some tobaccos come payday.
An interesting bit about Stan. He too was once a U.S. Army soldier during the Korean war. I saw a photo of him once with his pipe. He still smokes that same pipe today.
If you can get him flame, I'll find him some leaf. the mailing system is kind of sketchy when it comes to shipping lighter fluid and the like.

Well thanks to some Peretti's samples Natch sent me I placed an order for some Somerset Flake and Cambridge Flake today

I managed to snag their last tin of Middleton's Cherry for Stan - Should arrive sometime next week :)