A BROTHER NEEDS A HELPING HAND

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepesdad1

Reaction score
Kirk Fitzgerald (BSP No1 - failed... in DIY Section) needs some help putting the funds together so he can start making pipes seriously.  So any BoB members that would like to contribute towards his coming craftsmanship, should pm him with what ever you have to offer.  He is looking to purchase the equipment necessary to make pipes...maybe someone has spare tools or equipment that can be offered or $$$, if that is available.

I have no connection other than I hate to see a talented craftsman without the wherewithal to do his trade. Please assist him in any way you can.

Thanks, and lets see that BoB spirit start flowing!

(Hopefully this is not out of line with the Mods)

I'm down!

I can't afford a very big donation but if someone would set it up so we could use Paypal I would be more then willing to chip in whatever meager amount I can scratch up.

I am illiterate in the paypal area...if someone would be kind enough to set it up, I would be happy to contribute also.

Kirk has too many talents in the pipe making arena to not be assisted in his venture...I think this is the right group of people to see it happen.

That's what brothers do.

I'm not strong enough mentally to cope with some big fund raising campaign, the whole notion of it terrifies me, my paypal account is a basic one which wont allow me to transfer much money around, when Walt suggested I ask you guys I envisioned a small thing going on here with people I feel safe in the company of, this is too big already for me to cope with.

Surely we have sufficient talent on this forum to assist in this matter...can someone step up...?

Don't do kick starter do indiegogo in kick starter you only get money if you reach your goal. Kirk I can help you get this set up. At the very least we can get you set up with some kits. But I would shoot for a drill press sanding set up and some briar and stems

Kirk Fitzgerald":4vbet42p said:
I'm not strong enough mentally to cope with some big fund raising campaign, the whole notion of it terrifies me, my paypal account is a basic one which wont allow me to transfer much money around, when Walt suggested I ask you guys I envisioned a small thing going on here with people I feel safe in the company of, this is too big already for me to cope with.
No worries brother!

At least share your paypal address, you can always receive money from friends.

PozzSka":0nblj21u said:
No worries brother!

At least share your paypal address, you can always receive money from friends.
Oh okay, my email for the paypal is cubbydawg at live dot co dot uk

John and I are looking into a indiegogo thing but there are some things which worry me and I need to know about them before I can considered doing one, if anyone can help with a few pennies here and there that would be wonderful.

This is really taking me unprepared, you guys are th best guys in the world you know that don't you, I know it's all still talk right now but just knowing there are folk out here who care this much really warms my heart.

Kurt edit you email so that the @ is changed to AT and the . is changed to DOT.  Otherwise you'll see more spam than you could ever want.

I'm in either way you go.

What ever way is easiest for you to get to the funds!

JKenP":9qav5iwy said:
Kurt edit you email so that the @ is changed to AT and the . is changed to DOT.  Otherwise you'll seem more spam than you could ever want.
Good shout, I have edited it, thank you for telling me. :)

Slide":fngfj6m4 said:
I'm in either way you go.

What ever way is easiest for you to get to the funds!
Please forgive me, I did not notice your reply earlier, a campaign is not something I would be able to cope with, John and I have discussed this and we both agree it is not an avenue for me to pursue.

Your offer to help is very generous and I thank you warmly for your kindness, an option that would work would be a 'gift' contribution to my paypal account: cubbydawg at live dot co dot uk

One chap has already donated $100 to help which was wonderful (he is a very private man so I will not mention his name unless he says to do so), I have also been nominated for an Artists Grant which I have been awarded, that will be for $200 which is winging its way to me from America, that was wonderful, I had no idea I had been nominated, truly amazing, the nominator and the grant body it seems must remain anonymous but I hope they know how truly thankful I am for their heart warming kindness.

I still have a long way to go but it looks like I am actually on my way now, any help would be wonderful, I have two pipes available to offers on Leaf N Bowl, 2 more are yet to be made but will be available soon. If the Gods favour me they might raise a little more, even if all 4 sell I will still have much yet to raise, any higher contributions will be rewarded with a Briar Spirit Gift pipe by way of a thank you, I wish with all my heart I could offer this for any and all contributions but of course the materials themselves are quite expensive so I must be careful with what I give as thank you gifts.

Even if you cannot help me raise funds I am grateful for your emotional support, the kindness shared here on BoB is so deeply touching, you guys and ladies are very special people, Brotherly love to one and all.

Don't lose faith in yourself Kirk.

You really do have a talent for this.

I wish my skill set included have the vision and ability to create the pipes that you and others on this site do.

Keep the faith!

Kirk, I'm glad we slapped ya upside the head to follow through with this. :heart:

Keep it up, keep us updated. We WILL be expecting results (of any kind), ya know. :cheers:

8)

Oh Kyle, I love you dearly too my friend, thank you. :)

In light of the responses here I have opted to reinstate my topic here: https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t24295-briar-spirit-pipes-project-asking-for-help so folk will have an idea of what I am proposing, this is not just a project or a person with a hand held out, this is something more spiritual to me, I never thought I would ever have the courage to outright ask for this sort of help, thank you Walt for encouraging me to do so and thank you to all who open their hearts to me and help me realise this project.