A check in and introduction

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamson

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've been reading all about the pipe arts here for a while and thought is was time to join in the fun. I've been at this for about two years thus far. I started out with a Dr. Grabow from Rite aid and some borrowed tobacco around the campfire soon after I decided that this was something I wanted to stick with. Its definitely a relaxing endeavor to sit and smoke away the cares of the day and I think that is what appeals to me the most. Either a quiet solitary smoke or a social one. I had smoked cigars in the past but the whole process is nowhere near as appealing after I picked up the pipe. I am probably best described as an occasional smoker usually several times a month. The other side of this that I greatly enjoy is the aesthetic aspect of pipes. I very much like the variety that is out there to see from the cheapest cob to the finest carved briar and meerschaum, pipes are even interesting when your not smoking them! Thanks for all the great info you guys have shared and the stuff thats yet to come.

Welcome! I see you enjoy Old Dublin - granted, I haven't experienced many different tobaccos, but Old Dublin is one of my favorites!

Williamson":msnim678 said:
Hello all.

I've been reading all about the pipe arts here for a while and thought is was time to join in the fun. I've been at this for about two years thus far. I started out with a Dr. Grabow from Rite aid and some borrowed tobacco around the campfire soon after I decided that this was something I wanted to stick with. Its definitely a relaxing endeavor to sit and smoke away the cares of the day and I think that is what appeals to me the most. Either a quiet solitary smoke or a social one. I had smoked cigars in the past but the whole process is nowhere near as appealing after I picked up the pipe. I am probably best described as an occasional smoker usually several times a month. The other side of this that I greatly enjoy is the aesthetic aspect of pipes. I very much like the variety that is out there to see from the cheapest cob to the finest carved briar and meerschaum, pipes are even interesting when your not smoking them! Thanks for all the great info you guys have shared and the stuff thats yet to come.
I don't smoke too often either, but I agree, pipes are interesting, even when you're not smoking them!
Welcome!!

ONE ON!! Yeah,your hooked! Rather addictive isn't it? Oh by the the way; Nice to have you onboard.

Hey, where in SC are you from? I'm an occasional smoker, too, though more than you. I usually smoke a couple bowls per week. I'm from the bottom of the state. Enjoy the knowledge and fraternity!