A Decent inexpensive Cigar, for a change.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Gimper

Reaction score
OK, I'll probably be pillered & hanged for bringing this subject into the sacred, & rightly so, best Pipe & Tobacco Site on the web but I stumbled onto a quantity of Frank Vincent cigars last week & decided to try one although I am not a cigar smoker. I have to tell you that this is about the mildest, yet flavorful, cigar that I have ever smoked. When I got these things, my intentions were to take the to the TAPS show in Raleigh next week & see if I could make a sale. Now; having smoked a few, my thoughts lean more toward retaining the box for my own personal pleasure. BTW, they are made in the Dominican Republic & have the Connecticut shade wrapper. That information is my complete knowledge of the cigar. If you enjoy a mild cigar, try a Frank Vincent 6 X 50 Rubusto.

I like milder dominican cigars... I think Don Tomas are dominicans, and they are one of my faves, but quite expensive.

Grant Gimper":c83yt3bv said:
OK, I'll probably be pillered & hanged for bringing this subject into the sacred, & rightly so, best Pipe & Tobacco Site on the web but I stumbled onto a quantity of Frank Vincent cigars last week & decided to try one although I am not a cigar smoker. I have to tell you that this is about the mildest, yet flavorful, cigar that I have ever smoked. When I got these things, my intentions were to take the to the TAPS show in Raleigh next week & see if I could make a sale. Now; having smoked a few, my thoughts lean more toward retaining the box for my own personal pleasure. BTW, they are made in the Dominican Republic & have the Connecticut shade wrapper. That information is my complete knowledge of the cigar. If you enjoy a mild cigar, try a Frank Vincent 6 X 50 Rubusto.
Great find. Thanks!

Sasquatch":bn4qdzcq said:
I like milder dominican cigars... I think Don Tomas are dominicans, and they are one of my faves, but quite expensive.
Squatch,
He makes different ones I think. The ones I smoke from Don Tomas are cameroons.
They are Honduran, or so I thought. Hm, let me copy paste.

So the makers of Don Tomas turned to alternate sources, like Indonesia, Columbia and Mexico where the supply of tobacco was more abundant, if not slightly less quality, and less costly. Until today, Don Tomas has continued to use these less than optimum tobaccos for their Natural and Maduro blends.

Regardless, Don Tomas is a decent cigar.

I never liked Vincents, which is weird because I love Arturo Fuente Curly Heads. They smoke almost identically. Flavor is very similar, not much spice or cedar note to either, both are very mild. It must be something in the binder of the Vincent that puts me off a little.

Nubs and Leon Jimenez are relatively reasonably priced Dominican cigars. I prefer Doms to the Central American variety, with the possible exception of Don Linos (in that price category).