A dedicated piper!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadfael

Reaction score
From the BBC - An elderly man who accidentally drove into a lake sat in his car calmly smoking his pipe as he waited to be rescued, emergency services have said.

Crews were called to a farm in Loxley, Warwickshire, at about 14:50 BST on Tuesday.

The man, in his eighties, had gone there to fish.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "He smoked his pipe and chatted to the farmer, who went into the lake in waders".

Wish I was that dedicated to making lots of money. :)

AJ

Wonder what blend he was smoking? Or which pipe?

If he was in his eighties and in the emerging middle-class while he was in his 20's, he might have been smoking a Dunny billiard from the 50's if he started smoking around age 20 or so. And perhaps Dunhill flake or Mixture.

If he was Peerage material, who knows?

If he was working class, his pipe might have been a relatively pedestrian brand like Kaywoodie. And his 'baccy of choice might have been Ogden's Redbreast Flake. The smoke of the working man.

Just speculating. And great to see an older Brit gent carrying on the tradition of the stiff upper lip.

:bom: 

Cheers,

RR

Rande, that's what I want to know. Whatever tobacco it was, I need to get some for the weekend.

Sacramento, CA.

Network Systems Administrator calmly smoked his pipe while waiting on hold 2-1/2 hours for a VMWare support agent to pick up. ;)

Lol I'm always hearing about how the Brits are tougher than we give them credit for.