A Depraved Thought

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Burley

Reaction score
You might want to file this under the Too Much Information rubric, but here's a thought I had last night while deep in meditation induced by Mr. Frogmorton, smoked in a sandblasted Peterson SH Squire, one of my absolute favorite pipes.

I was standing in the bathroom taking a whiz with the pipe kind of dangling from my front teeth.  While gazing into the porcelain I suddenly came down from my reverie and became aware of how precarious a perch the pipe had.  A bowl hanging over a bowl, so to speak.  

You get the pic.  I wondered what I would do if I should yawn or hiccup or something, and the pipe should drop into the aforementioned.  Then the question became, what would others do?  I'm thinkin' eBay, in some cases.  Am I correct? What percentage of used pipes on eBay are direct from the toilet?  With this thought rattling around my skull, I then retired for the evening.

Disclaimer:  I in no way wish to put a damper on the estate pipe market and am in no way affiliated with any new pipe retailer.  I have done my damage and will now leave.  Thank you, I deserve the applause.

If I sell any pipes, I shall now state unequivocally that my pipes have never been touched by toilet water. Thank you for the unwanted mental image by the way. *where did I put that brain bleach?*

Brain_bleach.jpg

Well that's that. I will no longer purchase pipes from P bay

If you sit down to do your business you'll have more time to contemplate the whichness of why, and your wife won't complain about leaving the seat up!

I don't know, maybe I'm just ill but, that thought doesn't bother me in the least.
I clean my estates well with alcohol and that should take care of that. As for ghosting
there may be something to it, were those Lakelands ghosts really from Lakelands?
Needless to say I won't have any problems accidentally or otherwise dropping a pipe in the pot. I sit down nowadays.  ;) 

Cartaphilus":53avkzc0 said:
Needless to say I won't have any problems accidentally or otherwise dropping a pipe in the pot. I sit down nowadays.  ;) 
Yes, me too. I suffer from a back injury and the doctor warned me not to lift heavy objects. So I let the "heavy object" hang down while I'm sitting on the toilet.

SpeedyPete":eeejjgg1 said:
Cartaphilus":eeejjgg1 said:
Yes, me too.  I suffer from a back injury and the doctor warned me not to lift heavy objects.  So I let the "heavy object" hang down while I'm sitting on the toilet.
Talk about TMI!

First, ROFL!!!

Good one man, mad my day.

Second, i now feel better about buying my pipes new, but now I wonder about the estates i do have.

But then again they used fired camel dung on their tobacco, would this be a pipe trend? (I am bentbulldog, and i do not approve this method)

Are you currently not working? You seem to have LOTS of time on your hands for this type of thought !  :twisted: :twisted: But it is ANOTHER reason not to buy pipes on e-prey !  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":2xgjrb4d said:
Are you currently not working? You seem to have LOTS of time on your hands for this type of thought !  :twisted: :twisted: But it is ANOTHER reason not to buy pipes on e-prey !  :twisted: :twisted: 
Yes, I work. This was late at night, and it wasn't time that I had on or in my hands.