A Gift From a Friend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastie3202

Reaction score
I just received this beautiful gift from my friend Holymolar.  A Hilson sandblast.  I love it.

IMG_20140215_152847_zps2d056b8a.jpg
" />

Nice.

The rolls on that grain make it look almost like pearwood. Do you know if it is?

I got a couple of Hilson's but none are that attractive.
A very generous and good friend you have there.

Very nice gift, even nicer pipe, all the very best to you both.  :sunny: 

Hilson made some nice pipes -- quite the gift -- enjoy and thanks for posting!

Coastie3202":zw4kysfh said:
I just received this beautiful gift from my friend Holymolar.  A Hilson sandblast.  I love it.

" />
Love the shape...very nice... May I ask what the tin is in the background with the biplane graphics.. I have been collecting tins for about 4 months from flea markets and antique shops but have not seen one like that.

gregandrews":ogzszsky said:
Love the shape...very nice... May I ask what the tin is in the background with the biplane graphics.. I have been collecting tins for about 4 months from flea markets and antique shops but have not seen one like that.
The tin with the biplane is Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader -- "Bright and Dark Virginias blended together with Latakia and Turkish leaf to make this a cool medium bodied smoke."

gregandrews":cgl094wo said:
Coastie3202":cgl094wo said:

" />
That tin is Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader.