A gift from London!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapeMayBen

Reaction score
The better half is studying abroad and gave me this Falcon that was made in England.  Smokes really, really well after a little sanding and some time on the trippoli wheel I'm really happy with how it came out.  I forgot take a picture of it before I started because I'm a fool but here she is all cleaned up.

Looks great. I'm tempted to try one of those. They have to be a pretty decent pipe because of their ubiquity over the years. Do you happen to know if current production is of high a quality as the older ones? And they're a very light pipe, right? I like "light," one of the reasons I worship at the altar of corn cobdom.

FWIW, the story of the company is available on Kindle. Can't remember the title, nor can I remember to purchase a copy.

I can't speak for the quality of the recently made pipes but I have to say this was just a great smoke.  I was smoking some wet aromatic out of it while walking around and had a very dry cool smoke.  It's a lighter pipe, very easy to clench but doesn't feel like it's too flimsy.

This might be a book for me to enjoy over the winter, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Here's the E-book, or theres the $150 paper back edition.Amazon Link

Falcons are really wonderful and that looks like a beauty! That book is fascinating by the way. It gives a real insiders look at the twists and turns that occur in a unique business.
Mike.

Looks all most new again sir! ;)
I noticed you have what looks to be a Beall buffing system set up on your lathe.
Do you carve pipes or wood lathe work also?

I actually do carve some pipes with another briar brother who goes by smg913.  We just put a website up with some of our work if anyone cares to take a look any feedback would be great. Our site is right here