A good steak or...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Indeed. The best steak in the place. USDA Choice...24 Oz. Good marble. Nice large deckle (cap).

And BB - but I got the Tobacco too. So...it’s a win win! :lol:

Well boys...that was worth waiting for. It was arguably the best piece of beef I’ve ever had. Ever. It was literally fork tender.

And allyby...thanks for the suggestion of the Whiskey. Yes, it made a big difference. (I guess, since I didn’t have it without - so no comparison.) But no matter. The flavor was rich and incredible.

The red potatoes were a perfect foil to the rich beef and a couple of hard rolls with butter completed the meal.

Also enjoyed the first red wine (Red Diamond Cabernet - comparatively cheap but epic flavor) I’ve had in several years. Maybe several severals. lol

Anyway, thanks for sharing my fun. Good to have you all along.

In my experience, whisky in a red meat marinade, whether scotch, rye or bourbon, helps to tenderize the meat as well add a subtle almost nutty flavor.

The late, great James Beard created some excellent marinade recipes using bourbon that made lesser cuts like London Broil down right tasty off the grill.

All I can say is that this was the tenderest steak I’ve ever had. It even beat tenderloin ny a fair piece. I’m not sure that alcohol can go INTO the meat to tenderize...but in terms of flavor - it was tops. Of course with the Soy and Mustard and Worcestershire the Whiskey was not alone in imparting flavor.