A good wake up tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it's usually Piccadilly (although that pairs better with tea - it won't really stand up to coffee, particularly if you like it strong/bold).

Upon waking anytime I like something a bit STRONG. These last several months is JackKnife reddi-rubbed, or Five Brothers in a medium bowl.

I pretty much follow a hierarchy of strength like cigar smokers do, ie, milder in the AM and progressively stronger througout the day. Mornings I start with Uhle's 00, SG MVF, or Chelsea Morning.

I really like London Mix in the morning.
I usually smoke a light to medium english in the morning.
Today i had McClelland 3 Oaks with my coffee, but i don't think its the best morning smoke.

Im smoking a bowl of Samuel Gawith Perfection right now, and it is pretty good in the morning. A light english blend with just a tiny hint of vanilla sweetness in it.

Squadron Leader?

My favorite morning smoke is a VaPer - C&D Bayou Morning, McClelland Blakeney's Best Arcadian Ribbon. or even Escudo.

The rest of the day will see me with a Latakia blend but Vapers taste great with 100% Colombian to me.

In my TR review of Kendal Plug I specifically recommended it for the morning, mainly because some of the more subtle flavors and deliciousness only come through (for me at least) on a clean palate. It treats me best first thing in the morning, and goes well with coffee. If you like pure VAs, you can hardly go wrong with KP.

Please see Kyle's excellent review (and the whole thread!) elsewhere on BoB.

It seems that a smoke and strong coffee in the morning for me is totally for effect. So strong coffee and maybe Five Brothers or JackKnife reddi-rubbed. This combination just makes me aware quite a bit more than milder stuff. All the nicotine and caffiene also seems to get my innards working before I leave the house. AAh yes, a good clean feelin' to start the day!

There are some blends out there that just go perfect with coffee. I enjoyed a cup with SG Chocolate Flake the other morning and that's a fantastic pair.

Usually some kind of burley with my morning coffee. Lately it's been Five Brothers, Storm Front or Billy Budd. Billy Budd has a bunch of Latakia and cigar leaf but it's really good this time of year to me