A HUGE thank you to Muddler & Piet!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
Today has been a bit of a stressful day for me. My wife and I woke up this morning with the belief that my wife would be having a heart cath done this afternoon. But, the doctor's office called and said that something had come up that caused the cardiologist to not be able to do it today. So, it has been postponed until October 4. There have been some other things going on. But, they pale in comparison to my concern for my wife.

But, thanks to Muddler, Piet, and the post office, some of my stress has been transformed into pure joy!! Earlier today, there came a knock at my front door. When I answered the door, I saw the mailman standing there with a relatively small package in his hands. I did not recognize the postage stamps that were on it. I thought, "dare I think that this might be from South Africa?"

The impatient postman blurted out, "Sign here, sir... please"

I quickly scrawled my signature on the card. He then handed me the package. I flipped the package over and saw that the return address label said, "Peter Binsbergen .................. South Africa... Content: Gift, Briar pipe accessory:" It was my churchwarden from my brothers from the Dark Continent!!!

I carefully opened the package. It took me a bit due to the fact that the contents were packaged and wrapped almost with the level of care that an antique heirloom would be!! Finally, I reached the bowl and stem... each packaged separately. I carefully assembled the pieces. Then, I beheld the most beautiful pipe I've seen to date!!! It was my Bjarne Apple Churchwarden!!!!!!!

This has made my day better than I have words to express! Muddler and Piet... I thank you both from the bottom of my heart!! You are both fine, kind, generous gentlemen... and, my brothers!!!

I'm so proud of the pipe that I took a picture of myself as I enjoyed a bowl of Rattray's Old Gowire that was gifted to me by Natch; and am using the picture as my new avatar!! I'm also proud of it enough that I would like to share the following pictures of my new churchwarden! Thank you for indulging me!!! ;)

Me smoking a bowl of Old Gowire in my new Churchwarden:

My Bjarne Apple Churchwarden:

Piet... Muddler... without you and this gifted Bjarne, I don't know if I would have ever been able to enjoy a good, quality pipe or not. Thanks to you, I now know that the quality of the pipe does make a big difference!! My brothers, you are saluted!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

Cody V":ksew7zl3 said:
Well, ain't that a beaut!
IMHO, she's GORGEOUS, Cody!!! And, she smokes like a dream!!! I'm in love!!!!!! :cheers: :heart: :cheers: :heart: :cheers: :heart: :cheers:

beebiz":kggawp8i said:
Cody V":kggawp8i said:
Well, ain't that a beaut!
IMHO, she's GORGEOUS, Cody!!! And, she smokes like a dream!!! I'm in love!!!!!! :cheers: :heart: :cheers: :heart: :cheers: :heart: :cheers:
Hah, well that's good to hear! :cheers:

Robert, you cut a fine picture with that pipe in your mouth! Enjoy it!

nice to see the real beebiz. lovely lovely pipe. (i, too, was struck by piet today in the mail box. see my pad and tad post...) thanks for the pics! we all live for pics!

Muddler":r75znnph said:
Robert, you cut a fine picture with that pipe in your mouth! Enjoy it!
It definitely suits you.
Tons of stuff flying out of RSA these days...........
Three cheers for Piet & Muddler :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very nice pipes, Bjarnes. I have a Johs (who was Bjarne's main pipe maker) that's quite similar in size and shape, just not a churchwarden. Really good smoker.

Cheers to Piet and Mudd! :cheers:

That is a beautiful looking pipe. I may have to add the 'wardens to my list of wants now.

Thank you very much for your kind words, gentlemen!

Bruins, I checked out your pipe just before I made this post. Check out my comment there! Suffice it to say that she's a beautiful lady!!! ;)

Muddler and Dover... your comments might well explain why I've gotten a dozen or so calls from Hollywood this evening... something about a movie??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

....... I wish!!!

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Robert

Sorry HP and Vercer... didn't see your posts before I made mine!

HP as I said in the OP, this Bjarne churchwarden smokes like a dream!! She's well balanced. She feels extremely natural in the hand. And, I'm a tad embarrassed to admit it... but, there is something about her tip... it feels downright sensual in my mouth!!! :oops: :twisted: :oops:

Vercer, IMHO a person cannot go wrong with a churchwarden. Sure, it is a pipe that you don't want to try to smoke while your hands are busy working on something. But, to sit down, relax, and enjoy a pipe... the CW is second to none!!! Again, that is just my humble opinion!! ;)

Robert

Damn fine move from the South African brothers, such generosity can only be amongst the brethren of the briar.
Looks like a real gem of a pipe, enjoy beebiz!.... and remember your wife is still in the thoughts and prayers of many across the globe.

A real beaut that pipe Rob, well done and props to Piet & Mudd :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
And Rob know that your wife is in our thoughts, sending plenty of positive energy her way :sunny:

Thank you, BD! You... just like the rest of the brothers here at BoB... are in a class all your own... the very best of the very best!!!

Robert