A HUGE thank you to Nitschke066...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to brother Nitschke066 (hereinafter referred to as Steve... hope you don't mind)!!!!!

Tuesday, Steve sent me a PM stating that he knew I loved CWs, but wanted to know what other shapes/pipe makers and such I liked. I sent him a message back saying that I didn't have the experience to know for sure what I liked other than the Bjarne that I got from Piet and Muddler. I told him that I loved it. And, I told him that I loved the looks of the carved Meers, as well as the big, gaudy looking freehand Nordings, Ben Wades and such. I added that as far as I was concerned, the bigger and gaudier, the better!!

He sent me a message back in which he would tell me nothing more than the facts that he had sent me a "little something," it was something I was looking for, and "it goes through virginias like a machine!" Then, bless his heart... he lost the tracking info!! So, I had to sit in limbo and wait... no way to track and keep up with Santa's sleigh!!! :shock: :lol:

When I went to the mailbox today, I found a Priority Mail box bearing his return address. Though I was giddy as a kid on Christmas morning, I exercised adult care and caution as I opened the box. I was sitting in my chair in the kitchen. And, Linda was in my recliner in the adjacent living room.

Once I got the box opened and the packing removed, I could see a pipe sock. But, given the way it was turned, I did not see a logo. And, I didn't think to look at the other side. I just carefully emptied the sock's contents into my hand. Once I saw what it was, all I could do was to repeatedly exclaim, "Oh, my God... Oh, my word... I cannot believe this... Oh, my God" as my heart was touched and my eyes filled with tears of joy!!

Fearing something was horribly wrong, Linda yelled, "What in the world... what's wrong, Robert Lee??"

I was too choked up. I couldn't answer her. So, I assembled the pipe and took it to her. And, it was about this time that I noticed that the sock had the Nording name and logo on it!! Sure enough... it was a Nording freehand... made in Denmark... 3!!

It is the most beautiful non-churchwarden pipe I have... bar none!!! And, talk about a good smoker.... This lady is feather light! Her bowl is huge... holds about 1/2 pound of tobacco!! :lol: She smokes very cool! And, she's already become a natural extension of my arm!!!

Thank you so much, brother Steve!!! You are a gentleman among gentlemen... a friend among friends... and a brother among brothers!! You are saluted, my brother!!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

No thread in which the gifter of a pipe is properly thanked is complete without pictures! Knowing that, and not wanting to drive our poor brother Bruins batty, I give you... my new Nording............

And, here I am enjoying a bowl of McClelland's Frog Morton that was gifted to me by brother Bruins. It's mighty tasty stuff in this Nording!!!

Once again, I thank you so much for the Nording, brother Steve!! As have Piet and Muddler, through this gift you have afforded me the opportunity to own and enjoy a quality pipe!! And, I thank you for sharing this good baccy to use to "test drive" the new Nording, brother Bruins!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert

that's a killer pipe. i've been eyeballing a nording myself! congrads, beebiz. what can be said other than people enjoy your company and want to make sure you enjoy a good smoke! you deserve it, man! good show, Steve! you're a credit to the BoB!

beebiz that sure is a beautiful pipe. I too love my nordings. Maybe some time we could get together and smoke our nordngs together. I am just up the road (highway 22) about 35 miles I guess.

Steve you are a hella guy gifting a great pipe like that.

Thank you, gentlemen!!! Suffice it to say, I LOVE my pipe!!!! ;) I also thank you for your kind personal words, brother Bruins!! Your company is enjoyed equally well!!

Eggman, that sounds like a plan to me!! You said "up the road"... you out near the small airport that's between UTM and U.C.? If so, are you from there? If so, are you old enough to remember the sale barn/cow barn and Sunset Drive In??? I've got some great memories of both places... with daddy at the sale barn... and a couple of girlfriends at the Sunset!!! ;) ;) ;)!!! One other thing... if you are from that area, do you know a Southern Baptist preacher by the name of Billy Garner? I'd sure love to learn the answers to these questions!!! ;)

Robert

Nice move, Steve! You really are a generous bugger!

Muddler":2iwxqccy said:
Nice move, Steve! You really are a generous bugger!
NO shit!!!
Brilliant move brother Steve........ well done.
Gentleman, Nitschke is a Legend!!!!
Well done to you Steve!

Congrats Rob....... enjoy,
Hell man from Santa to Hells Angel in one post!!!!! :lol!:
Really like that tattoo man great!

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen!! Nitschke definitely is a wonderful, kind, and generous brother!!! ;) And, I am enjoying the Hell out of this Nording!!!!

Piet Binsbergen":hu7mv85o said:
Piet, I told Linda what you said. She said she didn't exactly think I looked like one of the Hells Angels. But, she said that since finding you all there had been a definite improvement in me. When I asked her what improvement she was talking about, she said, "You're still full of shit... but, your smelling more and more like a rose every day!!!!!" :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Brotherhood and marriage... ain't life good?!?!?!? :shock: :lol: :twisted: :shock:

Robert

beebiz":sjammhi0 said:
Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen!! Nitschke definitely is a wonderful, kind, and generous brother!!! ;) And, I am enjoying the Hell out of this Nording!!!!

Piet Binsbergen":sjammhi0 said:
Piet, I told Linda what you said. She said she didn't exactly think I looked like one of the Hells Angels. But, she said that since finding you all there had been a definite improvement in me. When I asked her what improvement she was talking about, she said, "You're still full of shit... but, your smelling more and more like a rose every day!!!!!" :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Brotherhood and marriage... ain't life good?!?!?!? :shock: :lol: :twisted: :shock:

Robert
As Bruins would Say:

RELEASE THE CRACKEN!!!!!!!!!!

beebiz":fm9o8s27 said:
Thank you, gentlemen!!! Suffice it to say, I LOVE my pipe!!!! ;) I also thank you for your kind personal words, brother Bruins!! Your company is enjoyed equally well!!

Eggman, that sounds like a plan to me!! You said "up the road"... you out near the small airport that's between UTM and U.C.? If so, are you from there? If so, are you old enough to remember the sale barn/cow barn and Sunset Drive In??? I've got some great memories of both places... with daddy at the sale barn... and a couple of girlfriends at the Sunset!!! ;) ;) ;)!!! One other thing... if you are from that area, do you know a Southern Baptist preacher by the name of Billy Garner? I'd sure love to learn the answers to these questions!!! ;)

Robert
Robert,

I do remember the sale barn. I believe the building is still there. It has been awhile since I drove that road. I usually take the 4 lane now if I go to Martin. The old sunset drive in is still there too but they use it every once in a while for farm equipment auctions. I have heard of Billy Garner but but know who he is. I can try yo find out about him if you need me to? I have not been to a Baptist church except for weddings in over 20 years. I do live in Union City. And have lived here all my life except for a short stay in Fulton KY. I wont make that mistake again. I hated all the Ky taxes but loved the no tax on food.

I love my Nordings. I only smoke one of them though. The other 2 or 3 I put up in a drawer and never smoked them had them for at least 6 to 8 years.

Yep, the last time I checked (couple years ago), the old auction barn and Sunset were still in their perspective places. I don't know if I was told right or not. But, back a few years ago, I was told that auctioneer and real estate man, Marvin Alexander from Martin owned the old Sunset.

Without you living off the old two-lane, I can understand you using the four-lane. The old two-lane is just too slow and inconvenient.

But, I can remember as a kid in the 1960's we ran that road from Martin to Union City virtually every Friday night. It wasn't to party or anything like that. Heck, I was just a kid then. But, the big thing for us to do back then was to head for the Gibson's store to do some shopping after daddy got home from work and we finished supper!! I even remember when Gibson's got their first ICEE machine! Afterward, every time we'd go to UC, my brother and I each would get an ICEE and a single box of popcorn to split on the ride back home.

I especially loved to come home from UC at night time. The lights at the airport were one of the prettiest sights my young eyes had ever seen!

eggman":mazrqs6v said:
I have heard of Billy Garner but but know who he is. I can try yo find out about him if you need me to?
Eggman, I just dang nigh split my sides and dropped my teeth in the floor laughing when I read this!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, I'll let you in on the joke... Billy's my daddy!!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Sorry, brother... but, that just struck me as tooooooo funny!! As much as I appreciate the offer, I believe I know just about as much about him as I need to know!! But, again I thank you for the offer!!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Side note... daddy was pastor of Northwestern... the little church that is next to the sale barn... for a period of time. But, as is typical for Southern Missionary Baptist Pastors, he moved on a couple of years ago.

eggman":mazrqs6v said:
I love my Nordings. I only smoke one of them though. The other 2 or 3 I put up in a drawer and never smoked them had them for at least 6 to 8 years.
Say WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?????? :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: You've had 2 or 3 Nordings sitting in a drawer... all alone... collecting dust... and being neglected... for 6 to 8 years???????????? :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: My brother... that just ain't right :no: :no: :no: :no: ... unless you've got a mighty good reason!!

I just about peed my pants from laughing when I read your offer to find out something about daddy. But, I had to take some nitroglycerin tablets when I read about the Nordings sitting in the drawer... and, for sooooooo looooong!!! I still can't get my head wrapped around that!! Do you want to get rid of them??? If I like the styles, you want to get rid of them, the price is something I can afford, and you are willing to give me time to pay for them, I'll be more than happy to give them a new home!!!!! Just let me know!!

Thanks for getting back to me, brother Eggman! And, thanks for the good laugh... even if you didn't know it was funny!!! Let me know about those Nordings... please!! They'd be well loved... right along with my Nording from Steve... and my Bjarne churchwarden from Piet and Muddler!!!

Robert

Piet Binsbergen":fiesqj85 said:
Small world it seems Rob!!!! :cheers: :lol!:
No doubt... had to get on the World Wide Web to meet a guy who lives only 35 miles or so from me!! :shock: It reminds me of when I had to join the United States Air Force, get stationed in Germany, and take a road trip to Copenhagen, Denmark to bump into a third cousin I hadn't seen in years!!! :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock:

Robert

Good on you Steve, that is an awesome gift and what a beauty! I personally love the style and hope to acquire a Nording myself someday. Veeviz you sure have received a good looking pipe! Cheers VD :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks a bunch, VD!! I'm having a blast playing with my new "toys!" I love them so much that there are times when I'm tempted to have the Bjarne CW and the Nording going at the same time... one for each side of my mug!!!

BTW, you definitely need something along the style of my Nording. It would fit your mug very well, sir!!! ;)

Rovert

I will most definitely need to up my pipe rotation, what with the huge variety of baccy gifted to me from my 2 SA compatriots and a Nording is top of my list. It also suits you very well my man. :D

Thank you for the kind words, my brother!!

BTW, I checked the poll earlier. There are 22 people who have voted saying they would like to read more of my writing and would participate in a secure site. So, if the offer is still open, it looks like there may actually be a need for such a site!

The 14 day poll will end either on Sunday or Monday. After it ends, I can talk further about it to you. If it ends on Monday, that is the day that Linda goes to Jackson, TN for her heart cath... IF they don't call the morning of it and reschedule it... again!!!! If we end up actually going, I won't be able to talk about it with you until we get home some time Tuesday.

Robert