"A Hundred Bottles of Beer on the Wall" ...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunello

Reaction score
You've all heard the song "A Hundred Bottles of Beer on the Wall" - well here's a Hundred Tobacco Tins on the Wall!

Fortunately I got most everything I wanted before those hideous warning labels became the norm. They are affixed with magnets in case I ever want to change things around.

Yes, I also have a Hundred Bottles of Beer on the Wall ...    :drunken:

That is very cool. Yea the new warning labels are an eyesore and ruin the tin art. Can't they put it like on the bottom of the tin!?!?

Looks cracking Brunello :)

I found some of the warnings are sticky labels that peel off and if you're careful you can do this without ruining the main label.

When I lived in Scotland I had a wall dedicated to single malt whiskey boxes.  I really liked it, then one day whilst admiring the latest addition I realised there was a lot.  I did some quick math and being that an average bottle was around the £35 mark, I scared myself and realised that I'd drunk many litres of the stuff too.  I reeled it in considerable after that!

Stick":mjlp06tp said:
Looks cracking Brunello :)

When I lived in Scotland I had a wall dedicated to single malt whiskey boxes.  I really liked it, then one day whilst admiring the latest addition I realised there was a lot.  I did some quick math and being that an average bottle was around the £35 mark, I scared myself and realised that I'd drunk many litres of the stuff too.  I reeled it in considerable after that!
Yes, this is my monument to TAD, and the investment involved. When I was scoping out a patch of bare wall in the hall to do the same idea with my square tins my wife asked me "is it ever going to end?" and I thought maybe I better stop while I'm ahead. I've also put a hiatus on more purchases until the uncertainty of times are behind us.

Did you at least get a picture of your wall to remember her by?

Hey Mr. B...have you ever thought about arranging the tins so that the visual would be some recognizable image?  You know, like a Madonna.  Or a Millennium Falcon.  Maybe a Corona Virus?  

With the Madonna thing you might be able to charge admission to the faithful on their “tin pilgrimage“.  News crews would of course provide coverage of the weeping attendees.  Or you could turn the Star Wars one into a kind of picture completing board game...with dice and little magnetic tiles?  But I think the virus thing might just result in getting bricks through your front window!  Nix on that one.

Note: I looked EVERYWHERE for a mosaic Millennium Falcon or C. Virus...no luck.  So I was only able to post the following.

Go from this...

To this...

Note: The above is in no way intended to be a comment on religion...pro, con or anywhere in between.  It is solely intended as an effort to inject a little humor into these difficult times.

Blackhorse":02s62fee said:
Hey Mr. B...have you ever thought about arranging the tins so that the visual would be some recognizable image?  You know, like a Madonna. Or a Millennium Falcon.  Maybe a Corona Virus?  

With the Madonna thing you might be able to charge admission to the faithful on their “tin pilgrimage“.  News crews would of course provide coverage of the weeping attendees.  Or you could turn the Star Wars one into a kind of picture completing board game...with dice and little magnetic tiles?  But I think the virus thing might just result in getting bricks through your front window!  Nix on that one.

Note: The above is in no way intended to be a comment on religion...pro, con or anywhere in between.  It is solely intended as an effort to inject a little humor into these difficult times.
Hmmm ... what exactly have you been smoking in your pipe??

Blackhorse":zo1zv37r said:
Well, that IS legal here, but I don’t indulge.  As you can tell my imagination is plenty active without any encouragement.
My second guess would have been for those darn Lakeland blends. Who knows what kind of herbal essences or botanical derivatives are put in the "centuries old secret recipe" they use. But, I guess, you simply have that artistic gift of a creative imagination!:lol:

Yes, a little levity helps in these times!

Brunello":ayj6vnyf said:
Blackhorse":ayj6vnyf said:
Well, that IS legal here, but I don’t indulge.  As you can tell my imagination is plenty active without any encouragement.
My second guess would have been for those darn Lakeland blends. Who knows what kind of herbal essences or botanical derivatives are put in the "centuries old secret recipe" they use. But, I guess, you simply have that artistic gift of a creative imagination!:lol:  

Yes, a little levity helps in these times!

Yeah, not to mention the dead mice in the tin.

You know it's been a slow week on BoB when a post on tin displays ends up as a discussion about Pachinko and dead mice!

But to put everybody's minds at ease, I did use grade 5 ceramic magnets which are stronger than the typical craft magnets you buy at Walmart. In fact, for the first row I used countersunk Neodymium magnets which were so strong it required two hands to pry the tins loose. But at 79 cents each that was more than I wanted to budget for this project, whereas the ceramic magnets can be had for $25 for a hundred. They are also useful for making beer bottle cap magnets for the fridge. The magnets themselves I've super-glued to 3/4" glider pins that people use to put under chairs and furniture. That way if we ever sell the house a dab of filler and a coat of paint and nobody will ever know they were there.

But, following where this discussion left off, and since there hasn't been activity in the Tobacco Jar section I thought about starting a new thread:

What's worse: dead mice or urinal cakes?? :roll:

What’s worse: dead mice or urinal cakes?

Having to choose.

Note: I love those neodymium (or whatever) rare earth magnets.  When I was in a fever making canes & walking sticks I would put a 1/2” X 1” magnet in the bottom tip.  Those canes would pick up a steel brick.  If you came across one, that is.  But equally good for picking up dropped keys and other ferrous objects.

Note 2:  Have you ever dropped one of those magnets down a copper tube (pipe)?  Copper does SPOOKY things to ‘em.  It slows down the rate of fall to something like half speed.  OooOooooOooOoooo!

It’s Lenz’s Law.  https://youtu.be/nV4yA8OYwmE

Blackhorse":twxmw0ki said:
What’s worse: dead mice or urinal cakes?

Having to choose.

Note: I love those neodymium (or whatever) rare earth magnets.  When I was in a fever making canes & walking sticks I would put a 1/2” X 1” magnet in the bottom tip.  Those canes would pick up a steel brick.  If you came across one, that is.  But equally good for picking up dropped keys and other ferrous objects.

Note 2:  Have you ever dropped one of those magnets down a copper tube (pipe)?  Copper does SPOOKY things to ‘em.  It slows down the rate of fall to something like half speed.  OooOooooOooOoooo!

It’s Lenz’s Law.  https://youtu.be/nV4yA8OYwmE
I've seen videos with the cooper tube, it's really cool, haven't tried it personally yet.