A lesson in aging tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illiteratti

Reaction score
Today I came across a tin of Red Rapparee that I had paid a lot of money for and smoked about 4 bowls full and had intended to throw away about six months ago. It was truly an abomination to me at the time I tried it. I have since stayed completely away from any tobacco that stated it contained red Virginia as the only Virginia in the blend.

Like I said, I had intended to just throw out the tobacco but somehow I had just misplaced it in the car, never thought anything of it and just found it this morning under a seer about six or seven months later. I don't know what I was thinking, but I opened the tin and noticed there was still plenty of moisture in the tobacco. So I decided to smoke it one last time before tossing that $35 worth of useless tobacco.

Well I smoked it, and it was good. Much better than I remember, and the red Virginia's are so much more subdued! Still, it is not the perfect English blend, but I like it very much. So much so that I'm gonna treat this as a good tobacco should be treated and stored , in a Mason jar not the trash!

At least the lesson I learned today is that if I try a new tobacco that I just don't like, ill store it properly and revisit it on occasion before I pass final judgement!

Well that was an easy lesson learned,,,I have room under my truck seat for any questionable blends you feel uncomfortable with,,,

There's ageing (sealed) and jar time (like letting wine breathe).

Jar time transforms many tobaccos incredably.

:face:
FREE OPINIONS PRESENTED AS FACTS

mark":pffr8ism said:
Well that was an easy lesson learned,,,I have room under my truck seat for any questionable blends you feel uncomfortable with,,,
I'll help Mark smoke it.
I have a tin of RR open with half out already, The red VA seems to get better with some airtime, the more I smoke it the better it seems to get! I really like this Blend a nice light English!!
Enjoy bro!

Yak":hwsy3kxb said:
There's ageing (sealed) and jar time (like letting wine breathe).

Jar time transforms many tobaccos incredably.

:face:
FREE OPINIONS PRESENTED AS FACTS
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: