A local favorite.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
Just got sent this video of one of my favorite local bands called Rise N Shine. They are an all white reggae band that are actually pretty good.

The other cool thing about the video it's filmed downtown Olympia and in one of my favorite clubs. Know most of the people dancing in the video. Most of the close ups of girls dancing are bartenders in the club.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/osxp2ccIkoA" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excellent! Most white reggae outfits either suck outright, or sound contrived. Not those guys. Nor do they take themselves too seriously. The fun is fully intact. First rate video concept and production, too.

So. What's your score vs. got-shot-down percentage with those girls, J? :twisted:

It's gotten to the point I don't even try anymore. My usual method of operation is to go there with 3 or 4 girls that want to dance. If I go with just one there's a high probability she'll leave with a much younger and better looking guy than myself. The guys there are so greedy they don't even leave the 10 at 2's for me.

jhuggett":5doarwat said:
The guys there are so greedy they don't even leave the 10 at 2's for me.
I used to be married to a 10 at anytime. :D

Then I got old. :(

LL":x3hiiwk8 said:
jhuggett":x3hiiwk8 said:
The guys there are so greedy they don't even leave the 10 at 2's for me.
I used to be married to a 10 at anytime. :D

Then I got old. :(
Dang LL,

When I saw that video I thought I'll gather up Smokey Tweed, HistoryMajor, my son and head down to Bowman, pick you up and then we'd swing over to Olympia and hang out with Jason for a few weekends... but if you're not up to it... :p

That's the first band of this type I've ever actually enjoyed listening to,,,,