a long day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
Typing this one handed since I slipped and fell down 5 or 6 stairs today. I made all my appointments today, but at about 3:00 i got off and went to the ER. Some bone in my wrist is broken.

Posting frequency may be low for a while. This pecking out text with my left hand leaves a lot to be desired...

No fun at all! Prayers for a speedy recovery headed your way, Tom!

Sorry to hear that, Tom. Hope it heals quickly.

I have a similar problem playing piano. Most people have to use a full two hands. I, however, have it mastered - only takes 2 fingers.  :lol: 

In your line of work, how are you giving your blessing, sign of the cross etc with your LEFT hand ?  :twisted: :twisted: 

There are a number of challenges. About 50 of them ran through my mind as soon as the reality started sinking in. It is not in a sling, so I can still cross myself and bless. I have someone to hold the paten for me tomorrow so I can distribute at the Communion rail. I won't be able to elevate with two, and I will just have to do the best I can. Fraction with one good hand? The Bishop is aware of all this...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly.

If you're on a Mac by chance I know you can hit the function button 3x and it will allow you to speak your text. It works really well. I'm sure there are other options like this that can help too.

Nonetheless, I feel for ya and hope you get healed up soon.

Thanks for the reminder to practice more with my weak hand. I can shave, brush my teeth, and use a fork, with my weak hand. But I need to practice typing with it only. You never know when it might come in handy to be as ambidextrous as you can.

Growley":jj8cen6a said:
If you're on a Mac by chance I know you can hit the function button 3x and it will allow you to speak your text. It works really well. I'm sure there are other options like this that can help too.
I use Linux. I am sure there is some speech to text utility, but i have not researched it yet.

Thanks for all the good wishes folks!

Your very lucky you didn't end up getting hurt worse then that!
Surely his watching over you my friend.
Stay off the hand and let it heal properly, we don't need any other mishaps.

Damn Tom, really feeling for you Buddy, got my right wrist trapped under my Bro's van some years back, remember the discomfort all to well, hope you heal real soon.  :heart: :sunny: 

Recover quickly! I hope you have few problems loading and lighting!

Sorry to hear about your injury Tom. I hope you can still load your pipe and I'll pray for you to have a speedy recovery my friend.  :) 

AJ

Sorry to hear that, Tom.

I broke my ankle playing tennis a couple years ago -- took 2-3 months to heal up -- more of an annoyance than anything else.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery.