A Lurker Girds His Loins...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippoo

Reaction score
A very good late-night to you brothers and here's hoping you are currently partaking in the joys of the second most satisfying activity known to man.

My first attempt at smoking pipes was 20 years ago (have been a cigarette smoker all my adult life) but gave up in a month (in retrospect did everything wrong). After retiring 3 months ago, decided to start again, this time armed with youtube and lurking in many forums. My only regret is that I didn't do this much earlier.

Have avoided PAD so far but have been terminally afflicted with TAD. Any guilt over this was soon alleviated when I realized that I have only spent an year's worth of cigarette costs, just in advance.

The spirit and decency of the participants in this forum has encouraged me to abandon my lurker status, and I hope to continue to add to my knowledge and understanding about our shared journey (and who knows, maybe even contribute at some point).

Welcome aboard and nice to see you come out of the lurking waters.

Welcome! Avoiding PAD is challenging, I wish you the best of luck!

Welcome to the brotherhood.

When you are terminally afflicted to PAD...it is bad to the bone.

Congratulations on making the switch. Pipes are so much more fun than cigarettes.

zippoo":ayl1qa48 said:
A very good late-night to you brothers and here's hoping you are currently partaking in the joys of the second most satisfying activity known to man.
Spanking goats? Oh! that other thing........never mind. :fpalm: 

I too was a cigarette smoker for about 45 years and am glad to say I quit and am enjoying
the life of pipe smoking and freedom of money. My cigarette habit was costing me about $170 a month and I had cut down and, I wasn't even cellaring any. Now I might smoke $30 of tobacco a month, a big gain of cash I'd say. ;) 

Welcome to the forums! I hope you take advantage of your new status as an ex-lurker

"T"

Welcome to Bob, where you will find plenty of enablers for your tad.  8) 

Glad you made the choice to join us. Welcome to the brotherhood.

Glad to see you've come out of your lurker status and into the light of BoB.

Pipes and Pipe 'baccy are wonderful things. Cigs, not so much........

Welcome to BoB!

Cheers,

RR

A hearty thank you for your welcome, ye enablers of multiple addictions. Will try my best to give you all ample opportunities to practice (who knows, maybe even improve) your ruthless expertise  :D .

Hello there Zippoo ol' boy. Pleased to see you've thrown caution to the wind and joined in our merry throng. As you've no doubt seen, the chaps on here are decent types whose regular acts of random generosity is humbling. There's plenty of knowledge on this forum too that everyone is keen to share...