a maybe, maybe not!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, I dono. I know Castellos have a great rep and all that and they are thought very highly of, but there is no way I could justify those prices for those pipes to myself.

There are certainly some pipes I would be willing to pay that much for (if I had it), but I have yet to see a Castello anywhere on the internet that strikes my fancy enough to justify the pricetag of 'em. They are definately "neat" pipes to my inexperienced eyes, but they seem to lack the sexiness of shape and beutifull geometry and lines that I lust after. Then again, I am not a fancier of Italian pipes all that much, so I guess it is all relative.

Afterthought edited in:

Even the grain on those pipes doesn't look all that special to me. For that kinda coin I would expect some serious straight/cross/birdseye grainage or a super nice blast.

I saw some Kaywoodies (not Italy made) on Grey fox i would rather spend my money on. I do have one Italian made pipe no name smokes like heaven whatever i stuff in it. so the verdict I have is beautiful to gaze upon not in my price range on Castello, I can still wish.